American Institute For Foreign Study Header Image American Institute For Foreign Study Header Image

AIFS Study Abroad in Barcelona, UAB: Semester or Year

AIFS Abroad

My experience was really nice. I don´t have anycomplaints about the program. I would say that studying abroad in Barcelona, Spain with AIFS has been one of the best experiences of my life. I have had the opportunity to meet new people from all over the world and the support of program to help with anything that I needed. Whether I was trying to navigate the city or I was trying to set up doctor appointments they were with me100% of the way. AIFS lived up to the expectation, and I am happy that I go to experience a new country and new culture with them.

Semester Abroad

My semester abroad was amazing, I had many ups and downs throughout the semester but I couldn´t be more thankful for this experience. I would suggest to future students to be open to new ideas, people and cultures because that is how you will get the best experience. Many people weren´t open to new people or new ideas which in my opinion made them have less of an experience and less of new outlook on life. My biggest goal for this trip was to learn more about myself and focus on myself for once. I found myself in Barcelona and I couldn´t be more thankful for the bad and the good times. Thank you to AIFS for teaching me to look at life in a new way and for being so helpful throughout this whole semester. I couldn´t have asked for a better program or school to attend while I was here! Thank you <3

Barcelona is a great choice, so is AIFS

If you want a city that´s a lot of fun and in a great location for traveling Europe, Barcelona is a great option. Its way cheaper than a lot of Northern European countries and has better weather. AIFS is a great program to go with because they offer everything you need as a student going abroad for the first time but it´s also one of the cheaper programs, which gives you more freedom to go on trips independently. The best city and program is different for everyone but this was definitely the best option for me.

Abroad experience

Had a wonderful time! Staff went above and beyond to be sure each student had a safe and comfortable experience, and provided many cultural activities without making students feel like they had to participate. Housing situation was great- my apartment, as well as those of all the other students that I saw, was spacious, clean, modern and well decorated. Roommate situation was also great! Overall really great time and good balance of school work and fun.

Awesome

I had lots of fun of during my stay in Barcelona! I was given the opportunity to emerge myself into the Spanish culture and adapt to my surroundings. I made many friends in the AIFS program that i will never forget. I loved the AIFS staff, they helped contribute to my awesome experience. This program was really a family and Inma was basically our mother for the semester, while Geogina and Jenn were like my big sister. After studying here in Barcelona, I have learned how to be a smart traveler and be efficient with the time I have. I never thought I would have had the chance to go to Europe, but now that I have I am determined that it will not be my last. I have opened my eyes to the possibilities around me and seen the importance of taken advantage of every opportunity.

I love Barcelona

My study abroad experience was wonderful. I loved the AIFS staff and the classes were great. This city is amazing, the culture is wonderful, and I cannot wait to come back! My living situation could have been better, as I lived with 5 other girls and it was just too much to handle at one moment. Other than this, I would reccommend this program to my friends and family!

AIFS Barcelona - A Must

Barcelona is by far my favorite city on earth. I had never been to Europe prior to this program, and after traveling to about a dozen different cities within 8 countries, I still have no doubt in my mind it is my favorite. Not only has it become my #1 due to its incredible beaches, mountains, and metropolitan areas, but the program I went through and the many friends I made within my program made it the best. This program helped me to dive into another culture with ease and it has definitely been the best experience in my life to date.

Life in Barcelona

I had so much fun in Barcelona! In my opinion, Barcelona is the best city to study abroad in. I´m so glad I made the decision to come here. The culture and the city is awesome. I just wish I didn´t have to go back home! The staff here in Barcelona is great and made the experience that much better.

Experience of a Lifetime

AIFS made my experience abroad unforgettable. The program is academically rewarding, while making it very easy for students to truly experience everything Barcelona and Europe have to offer. Staff and housing are excellent as well. Highly recommend.

Broadening my horizons

I met really great people and had the experience of a life time. I got to see a lot of Spain and the rest of Europe as well as immersing myself in the Spanish culture. I recommend this program for anyone looking to have a blast as well as their eyes opened.

Excellent, incredibly memorable semester

This semester was such a valuable life lesson for me about the true value of building friendships, adjusting and being willing to adapt to changing and foreign circumstances as well as how capable I am to grow and learn everyday. I loved my program with my classes, my professors and my fellow peers. I met so many wonderful people and am really going to miss seeing everybody each day

My Time in Barcelona

My time in Barcelona has been an amazing experience from the classes, culture, program activities, and friendships. I will never forget the memories I have made here. I could not have asked for a better living situation or a better program.

Amazing

I would recommend that everyone should study abroad. It opened my eyes to a whole new World, taught me more than I would ever learn in a classroom, allowed me to meet people from all over the world, and gave me the ability to see the world.

My life in Barcelona

I loved my experience here in Barcelona. It was everything I could have wanted and more. The program staff was amazing and the trips were so much fun. Everyone made this transition, easy, fun and unforgettable.

Oh! the places you'll go

Studying abroad changed my life. I grew as a person and learned many things about myself. I will forever cherish the friendships I've made and cant wait to see where I go next. The AIFS staff was always there in any time of need and I am so grateful for that.

Taking the Leap

It´s scary at first being in a different country, but once I let myself be immersed in the culture I instantly fell in love. I loved living in the city and traveling on the weekends. I met great people and made memories that will last a lifetime. I couldn´t be happier with my decision to study abroad.

Whole New World

Through this experience I have grown so much. Before traveling abroad to Barcelona I had never been out of the country and was very afraid to do so. By facing my fears and coming to live in Barcelona for an entire semester I have gained a new love for traveling and a hunger to see the rest of the world. I am very grateful for this opportunity to live in Barcelona and this is only the beginning to the rest of my travels.

Enchanted

It was a wonderful experience. From the time I got off the plane in London it has been a first class program. The program made it easy to make friends and make the most of our time abroad. Thank you to Inma and all of the staff for working hard to create a once in a life time semester.

AIFS Study Abroad Barcelona

Between the Homestay experience, the social life, the atmosphere, weather, and everything else, this was by far the best experience of my life. The program directors were amazing and did a perfect job of getting us on our feet and then they let us run. The city became home, and Europe became our playground to explore. With an open mind, complete optimism, and the will to put yourself in completely new situations, there is no way this opportunity wont be the best experience of your life.

Experiences Studying Abroad

I had a great time studying in Barcelona, i met a lot of great friends and lots of great memories. the program AIFS was very helpful and i would recommend them to my peers. overall the only thing i would change in my 4 months abroad would be the initial walking tour of Barcelona. i was very tired from traveling and jet lagged and i think in the future it would be best to do the walking tour the next day in the morning so everyone can get some rest.

Barcelona

Because of studying abroad, I have learned more than I could have ever imagined. I have met students from all over the world. Because of this experience I have been able to travel throughout Europe with the friends that I have made to places I never thought I would be able to go. The food, shopping, and nightlife in Barcelona are like nothing else. The food is one of a kind and delicious. The shopping is amazing. And lastly the night life is some of the best in the world. Overall, Barcelona was an amazing experience and I wouldn't change any of it for the world.

One cosmo... no regrets

Had the time of my life. Got to see so many cool places and meet awesome people like @taylormeadows and @teddyballgame. In all seriousness, the semester surpassed my expectations, and I have absolutely no complaints. The program staff did a fantastic job!

Out of This World

When I got off the plane for Barcelona after a weekend trip I was always happy to be home. Yes, home. Barcelona is the best city, a special city (and I live in NYC). I wanna cry because I do not want to leave. There isn´t one part I love best: the Arc Triomf, the beaches, Montjuic... the list is endless and there is always always something to do here whether it be day or night. I learned so much about the culture of Spain/Catalunya, about group interactions, myself, the best ways to travel, and how to communicate. It has been a crazy trip and I would give anything to do it again or stay forever.

Life Changing

This semester had been been absolutely amazing and I am not ready for it to end. I have learned about myself as an individual and have grown so much over the past four months. AIFS made this experience unforgettable, from our weekend trips to Sagrada Familia to our cooking classes. I made friends that I am going to keep for a lifetime and have made some amazing memories with them. My teachers were extremely passionate about their subjects and made every class enjoyable. I learned so much about Barcelona as well as Spain as a whole. The culture is so different than the United States and it was life changing to see how other people live besides myself and my friends and family. I am so happy I chose to spend a semester in Barcelona and would suggest it to anyone who is considering studying abroad.

Life-changing

Studying abroad in Barcelona was truly life changing for me. I was able to grow mentally and emotionally because I was pushed outside of my comfort zones and forced to adapt. I truly appreciate that. I do wish I had taken advantage of my senora more and became more fluent in Spanish, but my Spanish is better than before I came & I intend on living in a Spanish speaking country to help with that. AIFS was the best program I could have chosen. The staff was friendly and supportive, and studying at UAB was wonderful. I loved my class curricula and my teachers were the best professors I have had in a very long time.