OTHER PROGRAM DIRECTORIES

Location

New Zealand: Auckland

Length of Position: Fulltime ongoing

Description

Activities may include, amongst other things: Same as the assistant herd manager: Milking cows (Machine milking through rotary or herringbone sheds); Feeding out stock; Basic tractor work; Use of 2 and 4-wheel farm motorbikes; Calf rearing; Close monitoring of cows during calving and mating periods; Basic pasture management; Basic animal health identification & treatment; Fencing; General farm maintenance work assistant herd manager position. Plus significant pasture and herd management responsibilities.

Highlights

"To pack your belongings in a container and leave the familiarity of home is not easy. However, by making use of a reputable company , this transition has been much easier than I anticipated. CSG made sure that we understood exactly what we were letting ourselves in for and what to expect in New Zealand. They also established what our needs and expectations were so that we could make an informed decision as to our employment. New Zealand is a beautiful country where I have experienced and learn't so much. After two years here I am going home with many invaluable skills. Two of my friends have since come to live and work here in the dairy farming industry and are intending to stay on and become residents. CSG to the task again!"

Derek Strom, United Kingdom.

"On arrival in New Zealand the guys from CSG were there to meet me and made sure I had everything I needed before I started my contract and in the end I extended it twice."

Damon Deberry, Germany.

"Absolute piece of mind, CSG looked after me very well and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone considering contract farming work in New Zealand. I'm now a kiwi resident, the boys from CSG handled all the immigration work and I've become close friends with these guys who really beleive in what they do. I couldn't recommend anyone higher."

Pieter Marks, SA.

• Horticulture
  • Ranch Employment
  • Sustainable Development

Salary/Pay

Typical salary range: USD 28,000 - USD 75,000 per annum depending on level of New Zealand & other experience. These figures are before tax and other bonuses (e.g. meat) and benefits e.g. housing (usually provided free).

Experience Required

* Dairy: - Farm Manager (Dairy, Sheep/Arable, Beef) - National Certificate in Agriculture Level 4 AND a minimum of three years relevant experience. - Herd Manager - National Certificate Level 2 or above in agriculture AND two years' experience. - Assistant Herd Manager - National Certificate Level 2 or above in agriculture AND/OR two years' experience. * Sheep and beef: - Farm Manager (Dairy, Sheep/Arable, Beef) - National Certificate in Agriculture Level 4 AND a minimum of three years relevant experience. - Senior Shepherd / Stock Manager - National Certificate in Agriculture Level 4 AND three years' experience. - Shepherd - National Certificate in Agriculture level 2 or above AND/OR minimum of one year's experience. These requirements are specifically relevant for the Waikato. Different areas may from time-to-time have slightly different requirements.

This Program is open to

American, Australian, Canadian, European, Kiwi, South African and Worldwide Participants.

Participants Travel