Construction Site Managers
New Zealand: Christchurch, WellingtonLength of Position: Permanent
Construction site managers work on large and small building sites, and demolition sites, and may travel around the country to work on different projects or look at source-specific materials or equipment.
Construction site managers work in all weather conditions and may work below ground or at heights, with sites sometimes being dusty and dirty.
Be a part of an extensive and exciting rebuild of a city with serious tenacity, a truly 21st century development with many opportunities for progression and to really be a part of something special.
You need to have extensive experience in the building construction industry.
Also, construction companies are increasingly looking for construction site managers with one or more of the following qualifications:
- A civil engineering degree
- A tertiary building qualification
- A construction management diploma
- A quantity surveying qualification.
- Knowledge of building methods and materials
- Skill interpreting drawings and architectural plans, and understanding their specifications
- Understanding of building standards and safety regulations
- Maths skills, and knowledge of cost control and purchasing for building materials and machinery
- Knowledge of health and safety procedures on building sites
- An understanding of quality control systems and how to put these in place
- Staff management skills and the ability to motivate teams of workers
- Excellent communication skills
- Good planning and organizational ability
- Administrative skills
- Business Admin, Management
- Engineering (Civil)
- Engineering (Electrical)
- Engineering (Mechanical)
- Environmental Management
- Graphic Design
- Human Resources
- Labor & Industrial Relations
- Landscape Architecture
- Occupational, Envir. Health
- Sustainable Development
- Urban & Regional Planning
Pay for construction site managers varies depending on the size of the project they are working on, and their experience and qualifications. Construction site managers will earn between 70,000 and 90,000 a year, though in some cases will earn 100,000 or more. We have openings now for intermediate through to senior site managers.
- 4-5 years experience in the construction industry. Preferably 3+ in Site management
This Program is open to
American, Asian, Australian, Canadian, European, Kiwi and South African Participants.
Application Process Involves
- In-Person Interview Required
- In-Person Interview when Feasible
- Letters of Reference
- Online Application
- Phone/Video Interview
- Physical Exam/Health Records
- Written Application