New Zealand: Auckland, Christchurch, Dunedin and 12 other cities
Length of Position
Due to the national shortage of Civil Engineering Professionals, positions exist with a number of our clients for Qualified and experienced Civil Engineering Professionals. The roles are exciting and varied they involve planning, designing and supervising the construction and repair of infrastructure such as buildings, roads, bridges, tunnels, dams, water systems, waste water treatment plants and wharves.
* Consulting with clients, other professionals and government officials
* Studying, investigating and evaluating construction and land-development sites
* Planning and designing structures such as roads, drainage and buildings
* Obtaining plans approved by relevant authorities
* Preparation of cost estimates and contract documents
* Tender contracts and finding contractors
* Supervising and monitoring of construction to ensure structures are built to plan, and set standards
* Ensure assets, such as regional water plants and roading, and their allocated budgets are efficiently managed
- Knowledge of civil engineering
- Creative and design skills
- Skill in analyzing and interpreting information, such as clients' requirements
- Knowledge of surveying methods
- Knowledge of relevant legislation such as the Resource Management Act, the New Zealand Building Code, by-laws and town planning regulations
- Problem-solving skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- Good communication skills
- Writing skills for producing reports
- Computer skills, including the ability to use computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- At least three years working experience in a Civil Engineering environment
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
Possible entry / relocation. Stipend for the right candidates, salaries vary, but Civil Engineers etc usually earn between 65,000 and 99,100 NZD per year, depending on experience and qualifications.
American, Australian, Canadian, European, Kiwi and South African Participants.
Independently or in Groups
AAI is a team of New Zealanders with a combined experience of more than 30 years living, working and helping people settle and work in the New Zealand and the UK. We specialize in the recruitment of skilled migrants for shortages in the labor market. AAI provides a full range of Relocation and Employment services.