Agualivar Spanish School Header Image Agualivar Spanish School Header Image

Total Spanish Immersion Homestay in Spain

• The Campus

A very pleasant and productive week!

Having only dabbled in Spanish in the nine years since I last studied it, I chose to go to Agualivar for a week to get up to speed ahead of taking regular lessons back home. I'm very glad I did. The teaching is really, really, really good. Your weaknesses and development areas are identified before you arrive and they are addressed using the topics that interest you and the vocabulary associated with them - it is a really effective way to learn. The techniques that the Eli and Fani use are really fun and engaging. The fact that you are living with a Spanish family, eating Spanish food, watching Spanish TV and listening to Spanish music means that you never really stop learning even when it doesn't feel like it. The immersion is so total that you will find yourself speaking Spanish sometimes without thinking about it. On the flight home I started chatting to the (very clearly English) air steward in Spanish, much to his bewilderment, before I realised what I was doing. Since I've been back my wife has fairly regularly had to remind me that she doesn't speak Spanish and therefore would I mind speaking English to her! The experience gives you a great deal of confidence to use the language naturally in a way that you can't learn in a non Spanish speaking environment. I think it really accelerates your learning, particularly if you have some knowledge before you go.
Aside from the learning aspect, all of the family are great characters, fantastic company and extremely generous and hospitable. The house and accommodation are beautiful, the surroundings are utterly idyllic and the food is sensational. I heartily recommend this experience on all fronts, my only regret is not going for longer!

Superb by any standards!

Truly a fabulous experience! Although I was initially a little intimidated by the idea of immersion in a different language with another family for two weeks, Eli, Fani, Carmen, and Jose were incredibly welcoming and encouraging. The household environment was very enjoyable and everyone had great patience. Morning classes were full of useful language skills as well as in-depth information on culture, heritage, and social issues. There was always time for relaxation after lunch (siesta!) and most days had outings planned.

Along with classes and extra-curricular outings, the house is amazing. Everything is beautiful and well-kept, the rooms are comfortable, the gardens are perfect for winding down, and the view is beyond compare. Overlooking the Mediterranean with almost every meal was an unexpected perk. And the food--all fresh from the adjoining farm and prepared with expertise by Carmen and Fani--was scrumptious!

This school is, without doubt, one of the most personal, heartfelt immersion opportunities available.

• Agualivar Spanish School responded to this review October 19, 2016 at 12:38 PM

Thank you so much Elizabeth!!! Your words help us a lot! We hope to see you again very soon!

Total immersion is total

It does what it says on the tin! A great two week stay in a warm, friendly family-run school where the course is tailored to your interests and abilities. Food, accommodation and activities all excellent as is the setting.

• Agualivar Spanish School responded to this review March 26, 2016 at 10:39 AM

Thank you so much Gloria! Nos alegramos mucho de que tu experiencia en Agualivar Spanish School fuera tan buena. :) ¡Hasta la próxima!

Fantastic Spanish language immersion program

My wife and I spent two weeks at Casa Agualivar in August and it was well beyond my expectations. The immersion is total and complete with only Spanish being spoken throughout our stay. The instructors were thorough, patient, and tailored the program to our needs and progress. The setting is stupendous, with a house situated in the countryside on a hill overlooking the Mediterranean Sea. The beach is only a 10-minute walk away but isn't really necessary because there is a wonderful pool. The house itself is gorgeous and very comfortable. The family is extremely friendly and accommodating. And the food is unbelievably delicious with a generous amount of fruits and vegetables, many grown directly on the property. We visited local sites with our instructors, combing language instruction with sight seeing. This program was perfect for us because we wanted to be with adults and not studying with students in their 20s. I would not hesitate to return and hope to one day.

• Agualivar Spanish School responded to this review September 04, 2015 at 3:35 AM

¡Muchas gracias! Fue un placer conoceros y compartir 2 semanas de español con vosotros, Kristina y Peter.

Os deseamos lo mejor en todas vuestras aventuras, continuad estudiando y hablando español y ¡nos vemos pronto por Skype!

¡Un Saludo!

Casa Agualivar is perfect for homestay immersion in Spain

I spent 2 delightful weeks improving my Spanish at Casa Agualivar homestay. The classes are small and personalized, and I learned so much because the teachers are really great. The family is really kind and helpful. The house is beautiful and comfortable. And the food is outstanding. I highly recommend it!

• The Campus

An experience to remember and to repeat!

My stay in Agualivar Spanish School was something amazing that exceeded all my expectations.
Once I arrived at school I felt like at home and even better :), surrounded by charming people and peaceful nature.
All lessons were perfectly adapted to my needs. I had two experienced and well prepared teachers who made my classes really interesting and useful. Each lesson was involving and captivating. I had two classes of Spanish grammar and two classes of speaking and listening concerning the Spanish culture, history, politic system, habits and actuality. Once my daily classes finished, my Spanish practice continued, because I could speak all day long with the family members, I also had some cultural excursions and Spanish kitchen workshops.
I felt like on holidays, meditating by the amazing swimming pool, admiring a peaceful sea view and eating tasty food, ecological and organic fruits. The family has their own plantations of mangoes, bananas, avocados, figs and other big variety of fruits and vegetables. Some evenings we enjoyed a barbecue in a garden and on the terrace. And everything is in Spanish!
It's an alternative way to learn language that I recommend to everyone who wants much more than ordinary classes, who wants to be involved all the time and to feel like at home at the same time, because the teachers and the family give you all the best that they have and make you feel spacial.
I enjoyed every moment of my stay in Agualivar and I am really grateful for this wonderful experience that I have in this special school.

Vacances !!!!

J’ai passé deux semaines à Agaulivar Spanish school en Juin avec le programme “Immersión totale”. Je suis resté dormir dans l’école, une maison spectaculaire avec vue sur la mer et piscine. La maison est à côté de Málaga dans un petit village très sympathique. J’ai choisi le programme “Immersión totale” car je voulais profiter au maximum de mes vacances tout en perfectionnant mon Espagnol. Je cherchais un moyen d’étudier sans pour autant me retrouver dans une classe pleine d’élèves. J’ai passé la première semaine seul et la deuxième avec un étudiant Koréen.
J’avais mes cours le matin avec une professeur qui venait directement dans l’école, nous pouvions étudier dans le jardin ou dans le patio.
Je recommande l’école Agualivar à 100%, mon expérience n’aurait pu être meilleure.
À aucun moment je n’ai utilisé le Français pour m’exprimer et je remercie toute l’équipe pour cela¡
Rien à redire niveau gastronomie ! Nous pouvions aller dans le jardin chercher les aliments que nous voulions manger ! J’ai participé seulement à trois activités : Gastronomie, Jardin Urbain et le dernier remède naturel avec les plantes aromatiques.
En réalité cette école est faite pour les adultes un peu comme moi ou une famille qui recherche un endroit tranquille, loin des grandes villes, proche de la plage etc…mais surtout pour des personnes qui veulent passer tout le séjour à parler en Espagnol !

Spanish Immersion

I had an amazing week at Agualivar. The family were welcoming. The food, conversation and surroundings were all first class. The teacher always planned his lessons to suit my ability and interests and as a result they were challenging yet fun. I would recommend this school to anyone who is looking for a more relaxed language Spanish immersion experience close to Malaga and its beaches.