Volunteers and local kids playing tug of war Volunteers and local kids playing tug of war

Wildlife Photography and Conservation, Victoria Falls

Cut short unfortunately but absolutely worth it

Terrific experience. Got a great overview of all aspects of the program, and was more than well looked after for the duration of the trip. You not only meet a heap of interesting locals but you meet fantastic characters from all over the world.

Great wildlife experience in Victoria falls

The Wildlife Photography and Conservation Project (Vic falls) is a great opportunity to learn about wildlife photographing and to have some exciting experiences in the National parks of Victoria Falls.

Absolutely amazing experience! :)

I loved the flexibility of the projects and getting to experience different things. The photography gave me a chance to try out new techniques and to develop my photography. It was a brilliant experience.

A once-in-a-lifetime experience!

This project was absolutely incredible and I would return in a heartbeat. Volunteers are involved in a broad variety of activities from being on a vehicle out in the national park, to interacting with community members ranging from infants to elderly, to walking with lion cubs. Every day is a new adventure, and it's even better because the other volunteers your with quickly feel like family. Live life adventurously and go for it! I guarantee you will not regret it!

Exceeds expectations

This project was truly amazing and was better than I could have expected. I was prove lager enough to spend two months improving my photography skills in the National Park and in the local community. The other volunteers, interns and coordinators have all been amazing and hardworking. Everyone pulls their share and is not afraid to work to improve our the many awesome projects we have here!

Wildlife Photography and Conservation - Victoria Falls

My time here has truly been wonderful. The staff, administrators, locals and other volunteers were amazing and always working hard. It is so important to safeguard wildlife and habitat and the world needs to act now before it's really too late. The programs that African Impact are doing here in Victoria Falls (and other locations) aim to help combat this by connecting the people to nature and wildlife, the ALERT lion release program, community programs and all the research being collected by the team and volunteers. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here and it not only exceeded my expectations but I was able to improve on my photography skills and learn about wildlife photography in the African bush in combination with my passion for conservation. I will cherish all the knowledge I have gained about the culture and African wildlife from that region of the world. This has been the best and most rewarding time I have spent abroad. I hope to return one day to this project and see the all progress!

Amazing!

I had the most amazing time, all the staff was great and the volunteer group was amazing, I met some amazing people and made a lot of new friends! The photography project is great, I got to see a bit of all the project and to help in everything we could!
Thank to everyone for making this experience so great!!

Hayley's experience

I have learnt so much being in Victoria Falls for the last 2 months. This experience is one I would definitely recommend. There is nothing that beats being out in the national park everyday, taking photos and learning about all the wildlife we see along the way. The staff are incredibly friendly and knowledgeable.

An experience I will keep in my heart forever!

Living and volunteering in Victoria Falls was one of the best experiences of my life. I will never forget the feeling of going out on our game counts or other research activities in the early morning and see the beauty of nature and breathtaking sunrises (and sunsets). I fell in love with the kids! They are so excited to see us. I really enjoyed spending time with them and teaching them a song about the days of the week. I also loved the conservation activities, like alien plant removal and litter pick. So many exciting moments... Living so close to nature really made me feel alive. The beauty of the place and the people as well as the difficulty experienced by those living there has made me both very grateful for what I have but in a strange way longing for more simplicity. There really is something about Africa that feels like home to me. The amazing pictures I was able to shoot will be a sweet memory of this wonderful place; An experience I will keep in my heart forever!

My experience in Vic Falls!!

Volunteering in Victoria Falls Washington a great experience. I loved being able to photograph the wild life and at the same time learn more about photography. All the activities we do here are so much fun!
I loved having the chance to visit this amazing place.

I don't want to leave

I have had the most amazing time in Vic Falls with such knowledgeable and lively people who have made volunteering even more enjoyable! Both the conservation and photography side of the program have been tailored to my preferences and I have had such a broad spectrum of opportunities! LOVED IT!

Unique experience

I was looking forward to joining another African Impact programme and I have to say that Victoria Falls Wildlife Research and Photography project turned out to be beyond all my expectations! Being located between Zambezi National Park and Victoria Falls National Park, this project offers volunteers a unique opportunity to photograph not only amazing African wildlife but also majestic landscapes of Victoria Falls and Zambezi River.
Looking back now I have to say that it's people who made this experience so special for me. The project is lead by a professional photographer and such an amazing and charismatic person - Nuppy, who was always there to teach, support and constantly inspire the team. I also have to mention Alanna, who's very kind and professional approach made all volunteers feel like home, helped to learn and experience some local customs and get the maximum out of this experience. Also thanks to a very professional teams of guides and research interns and their excellent guidance, I feel that I not only learned a lot but also managed to make my own kind of impact.
I would definitely recommend to join this project and get this unique experience.

Fantastic volunteer experience in Victoria falls

Alanna, Anup, Bob, Leonard, and the remaining staff of Lion Encounter and ALERT were amazing. Their patience, warm personalities and knowledge contributed to one of my best travel experiences ever. I'm already looking forward to my return visit to Africa!

Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe

The highlights of this program include knowledgeable, friendly staff and a variety of opportunities to choose from! The program was well rounded, giving me experiences in photography, research, and community projects. I met and became friends with so many like-minded individuals from all around the world during my stay in Africa, and that was probably the best part about volunteering. You arrive alone, but you quickly become part of a community of volunteers who are as passionate as you are about making a difference. It's a type of atmosphere that keeps you motivated and inspired to continue to volunteer and try to make a difference in the world. I honestly couldn't have asked for a better experience volunteering abroad!

Vic falls wildlife photography and conservation

In the future I plan to pursue research photography/videography and this experience had me dive head first into it. It was really great to see how my photos helped researchers and how they helped me. It was awesome living with people who were in different programs (community, Lion conservation...) because I was also exposed to other volunteer activities. If I wanted to, I was even able to try them out for an activity or two. It was the experience of a lifetime and I can't wait to come back!!

Best Experience Of My Life

My trip to Victoria Falls with African Impact was the best experience of my life.
You meet wonderful people from around the world and every day is slightly different, especially out in the bush. You never quite know what each day will bring, a surprise animal around every corner.
The staff are really welcoming and by the end of your trip they're more like really good friends.
You'll learn so much, the photography and research is very hands on and I'm really glad to have these skills under my belt.
Nuppy who leads the photography project will take you to some beautiful places to capture some really stunning snaps. I'm now going to put many on my wall back home here in Bristol.
Despite my troubles of not being able to sleep in a strange place, I did have the best adventure of my life!
All I want to do is save up and do it all over again. Thanks everyone at African Impact. :)

Cool and interesting experience

The whole experience was pretty amazing. You have the chance to see and capture wild animals from close. We also learn what is the best way to take the photos and how to edit them. If you want, you can join for awhile to the lions or community project and experience that as well (and take some photos of that of course).
Sometimes the schedule can changed a lot and the management and the organization can be not that good so you'll have some waste time.