Volunteers and local kids playing tug of war Volunteers and local kids playing tug of war

Volunteer in Stables at Antelope Park, Zimbabwe

Sunrise rides, sunset carriages, and great times!

Being up everyday in time for round-up at 05:30 meant that we were out in the park as the sun was coming up, there is almost nothing more amazing than being out rounding up horses on either horseback OR motorbike (Yes guys, that is right! The Stables program has a motorbike that can be used for round-up!). Amazing animals, amazing people, and picturesque landscape. When night comes some activities are split between organized Over-night safari's or Carriage rides. Both are amazing experiences with your fellow Volunteers. Learning to ride under some of the most amazing and talented Equestrian people I have ever met was an absolute pleasure. I would definitely recommend the Stables program!

Amazing

Absolutely brilliant, best thing I have ever done. Rosa, Georgia and Tom were brilliant and I felt that if I ever needed anything they would be there to help me. I learnt so so much, which I hope will be invaluable when I qualify as a Vet. Gemma also was brilliant, as she let us help her with so much and taught us a lot. The whole experience was life changing. Not many people can say they were able to ride out into the bush every morning and watch the sun rise, and get to ride some incredible horses. Ted is also amazing, he cares for the horses and really looks after the volunteers during their stay. Overall all I can say, is I want to go back as quickly as I can.

Amazing!!

I had a wonderful and life-changing time at the park. The administrators of the programs are passionate and care very much about what they do. Ted would go above and beyond to make sure all of his volunteers in stables were comfortable and doing well. He really made my time at Antelope Park that much more special.

AP - An amazing experience.

I have been at antelope park now for four weeks and have had the time of my life, volunteering at the horse and lion project. Everyday has been a new adventure, starting with a sunrise roundup of the horses and ending with some time spent with the lions or elephants. I would recommend this project to anyone!

Amazing!

Rosa U did an amazing job! The hole experience was fantastic, and I will be seeing u all again in March. Ted thank u for everything.
Nice and pleasant staff.
Only downsides where : Ted has WAY to much to do. There were days where hardly ever saw u, and in my opinion, as the working stables manager, U are supposed to be in stables. U did the very best u could.
And Rosa i am sad on your behalf, and i don't think avocados make it alright to be bullied. U do an amazing job, and U don't deserve to be treated that way.

I felt that the volunteer program is very mature and experienced

I really liked Antelope Park because of both the animals and the people. I could connect with kitchen and laundry staff and animal trainers and learnt a lot. The program is very developed and I was impressed by induction that came with comprehensive information.
I wish, from my perspective, that vol leaders can sometimes be more supportive of new members and older members can actively engage with newly arrived ones. I feel myself making friends with people I came with and that there is a separation between people have had much experience in this place and those who haven't.

Horse internship

I thoroughly enjoyed my 3 months at antelope park the staff are great and will help with what they can the horses are a pleasure to work with and you always see new and exciting thing as well learning new skills. The food is of good quality and variety.some of the best bit would include being able to play polox in Africa with zebras just off the pitch as well as being able to compete in showjumping and Polox.

Holistic horse management internship antelope park

My trip to Antelope park has been one i will never forget. its a nice place, the majority of the staff are great. The stables manager Ted really made my trip something to remember. he is a wonderful man. he is so helpful and genuine. ted is just a genuinely wonderful person to be around. the bar staff are all lovely, the kitchen staff are all lovely. however i did feel quite excluded during my trip, i probably wasn't the only one but i can over look that. the horses are all amazing and well tempered. one of the stable girls called Vilma was extremely lovely and always made me smile.