Volunteers and local kids playing tug of war Volunteers and local kids playing tug of war

Veterinary Assistance & Abused Animal Shelter

Tears animal rescue project

It was a amazing experience. I find it amazing to spend a hole day working with the dogs because I love dogs. I also have had the received confirmation that I made the right study choice. I gonna miss my sweeties.

Tina's adventure

i had a fantastic experience at tears animal shelter , really you need to go to work and see the awesome work that the staff do to help these unfortunate animals ... with out of the fantastic support of african impact my experince would not of been complete

TEARS // Best experience of my life

Starting at about 9 a.m my day was structured very individually. I got the freedom of working alone, because they trusted me. They have been noticing that I love what I do and soon I got more and more activities that require trust from their side. I loved being trusted. I loved and still love the people and animals. Never in my life have I been happier. I basically never wanted to leave work. I will definitely be coming back privately and work for TEARS again!

Puppy heaven

My second time volunteering in Cape Town with African Impact has been just as amazing as the first time. Working with TEARS animal rescue everyday was a continuous highlight and African Impact have assisted in making the experience an incredible one.

Exceptional volunteering experience

African Impact provided me with the tools to volunteer in a way where I truly felt that my contribution mattered. I loved the experience of living in the volunteer house, sharing ideas, meals and support. I signed up to spend my time at TEARS, a rescue and low cost vet option for residents in Capetown. The staff at TEARS went above and beyond to care for their animals and provide for the local community.

The combination of the support in the volunteer house and the experience at TEARS has truly left a valuable impact on me and the direction that I will take in my life after leaving the project. I will be eternally grateful for the way that I was able to experience South Africa and attribute my positive experience to the staff members at African Impact. Thank you!!

great impact

It has been an amazing experience. Being able to have an impact on the lives of the cats and doggs who are so desperately in need pf help. Both the staff of african impact and the staff of "tears" where verry helpfull in suportive througout this whole project. I would love to come back some day!

South African Adventures

I travelled alone to Capetown after years of raising family and work to see how much I could achieve solo and how far I could push myself .
With the help of the house and project staff I feel I exceeded my own expectations . It has been an amazing experience , and the other volunteers in the house were great company ,and although they were mostly the age of my Grand children I felt accepted and welcome !

Doggie heaven

I spent 2 of the most challenging and emotionally rewarding weeks of my life here in Cape Town on the Vet Assistance Project. Beautiful city, wonderful volunteers, dedicated staff and the most lovable dogs and cats.

Vet assistant review

I absolutely loved the African Impact staff and volunteers. Most of the volunteers I met in the house were genial, and the staff members were so kind, friendly, and willing to do extra to help you feel at home. However, my experience at tears was not great. I loved working with the puppies and Ros, however, as a vet student I was more eager to do things such as watch or assist in surgeries, which I did not feel comfortable doing, due to such a hectic atmosphere. Also, some of the staff members at tears were not friendly, and my days mainly centered around walking and feeding dogs. Overall, I loved my experience with African Impact, and if I could go back the only thing I would change is my project.