Volunteers and local kids playing tug of war Volunteers and local kids playing tug of war

The Build-It Project, Livingstone, Zambia

Awesome experience

My time here has been life changing and am very sad to be writing this evaluation so quickly. I wish that i could stay longer because i don''t want this adventure to end however all good things come to an end

Haley's first Zambian experience

Having studied abroad in South Africa for a month in 2015, I knew I wanted to come back to this incredible continent. I had such an amazing time and never thought I'd experience something even more incredible for a month in Livingstone, Zambia. I was on the building project and thoroughly enjoyed learning the basics behind building, as this was my first experience with physical labour. The afternoon projects in various places were also a great introduction to a variety of other subjects like medicine and teaching. Personally, the piece of my African Impact experience that I will remember for years to come was making so many friends from all over the world. Everyone who volunteers has something special to offer and many of the locals are so friendly and informative as well. I hope to keep in touch with everyone I have met here.

10/10

This program excellently combines aspects of child care, community outreach, hands-on work and a warm and inclusive social experience that I will remember for the rest of my life. I have learned so much in my time here that I cannot wait to bring back and use in my everyday life.

Overall experience

Amazingly unique and wonderful program that combines culture with volunteering and integrates new comers swiftly. Incredible experience that allows you to explore all forms of an African country, from volunteering, to its people and the natural beauty it has to offer.

My time with African impact

My time here in Livingstone has been full of memories that will stay with me forever, I have met some amazing people and had a lot of fun. The work I was involved with in the community was extremely rewarding and you can feel your efforts really making a difference to the lives of the people you come across. The project was run exceptionally well and every effort was made to make you feel welcome and comfortable from the first day all the way to the last. The location in Livingstone is great and provides both a safe and fun environment to be in. I am so happy that I volunteered here and would definitely consider returning in the future.

Hands down best six weeks of my life

It's hard to put in words all the things that I lived these past six weeks. I fell in love with the people in Livingston and it really breaks my heart not being able to stay longer. I run out of time I will send a much compelling review when I get back home.

Emma's experience of building

Working with African Impact was a fantastic, life changing experience. Building was hard work at times but thoroughly enjoyable. Everyone is so friendly and welcoming and I will miss it very much here.