Volunteers and local kids playing tug of war Volunteers and local kids playing tug of war

Sports & Community Development, Livingstone Zambia

Amazing time in Livingstone

Had an amazing time here in Livingstone. The volunteer work was way above my expectations, and the kids were amazing. Well organised, and had a lot of fun during projects and after. Really felt like I was making a difference.

Volunteer project at Livingstone

Hi, my name is Luc and I am from France, I have been at Livingstone for one month on the sport project. Those four weeks were the best of my life. I made a lot of friends with this project and I don't want to come back in France.

Filippo African Impact

I came to Africa for four weeks to work on the sports and coaching project. My time here was amazing. It was filled with lots of new friendships, adventures and good food. The staff of African Impact made this month great.

Loving Livingstone!

The staff at African Impact in Livingstone are so helpful, loving, and friendly! They not only assist with volunteer activities but help you plan weekend trips (and often go on those trips with you!).

8 weeks in livingstone

8 weeks in Livingstone, Zambia. It’s been an amazing experience. My first week I had to adapt and I learned a lot about the local culture here. We even did a cultural day where we learned about the local greetings, traditions and the ladies in the kitchen even made us a local lunch with a lot of stuff that i never ate before. I can’t say that i liked everything but it was worth trying.
I met a lot of new people during my stay here, made some awesome friends from Israel, the USA, the Netherlands, Ireland, New Zealand, … I made some local friends here as well that i will never forget.
I did loads of activities like Chobe safari for a whole weekend. That was by far the best weekend i ever had in my entire life. And i haven’t even spoken about my actual volunteering work here. I worked in 3 different schools on the sports project teaching these kids some physical education. I’m amazed how much these kids wanna learn. My favorite student was Promise. A boy from 17 who needed to walk 1 hour to school and had to take care of a little brother and a little sister. Still he is always there and he is so well behaved. We raised with the volunteers money and gave him a bike and a lock. Now it takes him 15 minutes to get to school.
Every Thursday afternoon i went to the local rugby club and coached the girls team. I definitely made my impact there. They learned on a fun way how to tackle, ruck, presenting the ball, passing. They improved a lot in a short time. After a while i started to know every girl and they are so motivated which makes it all even more fun.
I'm really gutted that i have to leave al these amazing people behind but i will come back here. That’s for sure!

Amazing

My time here was amazing. The experience, the people you meet, and the children are just really amazing.

Livingstone is a place and I definitely want to come back. I definitely want to work again with African impact in the future.

Jen's African Impact experience

Had an absolutely amazing time in Livingstone with African Impact. The team were all fantastic so welcoming and always around to help out with any questions i had. The whole time i was there it was school holidays so instead of a normal school day we were running the Holiday Club programme, which was really well organised and provided us with a great variety of activities to run with the kids. I was on the sports programme but to be honest my favourite part was the teaching which we were able to take part in in the afternoon projects. Only negative is that 3 weeks in not long enough!!

Everyone should do it

My stay here in Zambia has been amazing. As a volunteer you'll get so appreciated by the kids you're teaching but also by the teachers and coaches you'll be working with. I've met people from all around the world and made a lot of new friends.

Gabriel's dream

My experience was amazing, if I could stay a couple of more weeks, I will. The program with Africa Impact was unbelievable, one of my dream has been realised, and in better conditions than I though. I am very happy that I've been part of this project and I will definitely do it again in an another country.

Sport project and holiday club

This was one of the greatest experience of my life. I feel very close to the kids and the people I met, especially during holiday club. I hope I'll come back and see how the children involved. Thank you THAF and African Impact!

Volunteer project review

I liked this project. The school and the children are very nice. The location is very good. I have just one problem, I speak a little english and per moment is difficult for me to speak with the personnel or the children.

Sports project in Livingstone

I spent 3 weeks in Livingstone in a sports project. During the mornings we went to different schools to teach PE to the kids (10,14 years old). I had 3 incredible weeks, i have been quite happy here, all the coordinators and other volunteers were open to anything. Working with kids is quite rewarding.

Evaluation of the sports project

I had I great time volunteering for African Impact and would highly recommend it to anyone. Great people working here and amazing volunteers. The programs have a big impact on the community and the people working for African Impact really makes a difference.

A wonderful experience

I stayed in Livingstone for eight weeks. When I came here I started to do the teaching project, I did that for two weeks. After two weeks I found out that I didn't like teaching. So I switched to the sport project, I did that for another two weeks.I really liked sports, it is a great experience and you are able to make a lot of fun with the kids. I think the best thing is that you are every morning at different schools, which never gets bored. In the house here is a research room with a lot useful stuff we can use for sports, that gives us a lot choices and opportunities. I also wanted to try the medical project, so I switched again. I did the medical project for three weeks. Then I decided to do sports again for my last week, because I think sports is the best project here. I think it is really cool that you are allowed to do what you want to do, so that you are able to switch projects and that you have the opportunity to try a lot of different project, so your experience can improve a lot.

American impact review

My experience was great at the livingstone backpackers. the first group that was here where fantastic. we were a great group and we did a lot of games. a few weeks later we were with to many people zo we had two groups. the new people and the older people.