Volunteers and local kids playing tug of war Volunteers and local kids playing tug of war

Special Needs Education Volunteering in Zambia

I will be back next year

I have had an amazing time here and it has been totally life changing. I've made amazing bonds with people and made friends for life as well as feeling like i have truly made a difference in some peoples lives. I would recommend anyone to come to Livingstone with African Impact as it is such a unique and fulfilling experience.

Great

This experience was great because everything was well organized, the people and staff were very welcoming and the project I was on was a great learning experience and very self rewarding. Would highly recommend.

Karli's African Impact

African Impact has changed my life for the better. Any and all expectations I had for my time here in Africa have been exceeded. The staff is wonderful, the living accommodations are exceptional and my time on project was life changing. I am forever grateful for my time spent in Livingstone with African Impact.

African Impact is a fantastic organization

The Livingstone, Zambia location for African Impact is a great place to go if you are interested in travelling to Africa for the first time. Through the programs I participated in for African Impact I learned so much about Zambian culture and was able to interact with the local community in a meaningful way. This is a program that cares for your well-being and takes care of you. African Impact works with the community to ensure their work is sustainable and beneficial for the Livingstone community. While the work you do can be hard, it is purposeful and worthwhile. This program is great and I would highly recommend it for anyone interested in travelling to Africa.

Two weeks I will never forget!!

This was my first ever volunteering project abroad. I was nervous and didn't know what to expect but I am now writing this half an hour before I leave for home absolutely gutted to be going. Every project that I have been involved in from start to finish has been amazing. I wish I was here for a lot longer!! It was great to be able to work with the children in a school setting but also amazing to be able to relax and play games with them. Working with adults and visiting the old people's home was a real joy. I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience while volunteering and got to do some amazing activities during the weekends that I will never forget, like the swing of Victoria Falls. I couldn't have asked for a better group to volunteer with both the other volunteers and staff were brilliant.

Disabled child care

She wouldn't be alive if the crocodiles had eaten her.' When she was born her mother didn't want her so she tried to feed her to the crocodiles. An old lady in the community has taken care of her since then.
This is one of the stories of a disabled girl. She is always looking for a hug, smiles a lot, likes kicking a ball and is a light in all my mornings. I know now that my work over the last couple of weeks was worth it because every morning she is smiling at me.
Working with disabled children was a challenge for me. When I finally found my place I started falling in love with the children. I cherish the moments when some of the children ran in my arms of when they asked for help with writing. Children need to learn, food & drinks, love and a lot of fun. Every child needs this, disabled or not. As a volunteer I could help with the small things. They’ve taught me a lot and I hope that these children can grow up and become happy people.
I had a dream to work as a volunteer in Africa. Is it dream-worthy? Yes, even more than that. The children showed me some of the best smiles in the world. I’m thankful for the opportunities that I’ve had so I could be here for the children.

Emmas volunteering experience

My time here has been more rewarding and enjoyable than i ever ever ever thought it would be. I would recommend this programme to anyone considering volunteering in Africa, it is definitely worthwhile!