Volunteers and local kids playing tug of war Volunteers and local kids playing tug of war

Public Health & Community Project, Kilimanjaro

Experience of a Lifetime

I volunteered for a month and it didn't take long to see what an impact this project has on the community! Not only was I helping people, I was having an amazing time. All the projects I worked on were fun and rewarding and I'm so grateful I had the opportunity to be involved. All the staff were very welcoming and made you feel right at home! Every aspect from the food to the projects to the accommodation to the staff far exceeded my expectations and I can't wait to go back!

Amazing

I had an amazing time volunteering with African impact. I felt that the work African impact is doing in Moshi did have an overall impact, and it was pleasure to contribute to that.
The people we got to work with were so inspiring and just such wonderful people, and I think that's what made my time so great there.
They have a lot of activity options as well, such as a lake Chala visit, safari and a cultural tour. They are a great way to fill the weekends you get off and I really enjoyed doing these activities.
Overall I just had such an amazing time and will never forget the experience or the wonderful people I met.

My experience in Tanzania

My experience in Tanzania was absolutely amazing! All the staff is so welcoming and soon the volunteer house feels as your own house! The staff people are so professional and help you out with everything that you ask them, the other volunteers are really nice to be around with because they complete your experience and you all in the same position which makes it really good to come after project together and talk about the day. But most of all the local people are amazing to meet! Also so welcoming and because everyone greets eachother all the time it's make you feel sometime that I'm a local myself. As a health volunteer you have a big variety in all the project that I did, from working with children with disabilities in the morning to working with girls from NAFGEM in the afternoon. I learnt so much about them and also learnt a lot about myself. I can say that a experience like this is life changing and made my vision about the world so much bigger.