Volunteers and local kids playing tug of war Volunteers and local kids playing tug of war

Over 30s Pre-School & Teaching Volunteering in Cape Town

Meaningful experience in Cape Town

I had a great experience volunteering with African Impact in Cape Town. The program staff did a fantastic job of making me feel welcome, and engaging volunteers in meaningful projects. We were able to see how our volunteering fit into a bigger picture of community development. I enjoyed meeting volunteers from all over the world, and getting to volunteer in a meaningful and personalized way.

Amazing Volunteering Experience

I highly recommend volunteering with African Impact. My project, kids, staff, volunteers and the city were amazing. It was one of the best things that I have done in my life. I liked every moment I spent here.

Leaving my comfort zone

Outstanding experience for me. Loved working with the children and seeing how little it takes to excite them..
They were warm, loving and eager to learn.
As an older volunteer I did not expect to form such close relationships with the younger volunteers. However, they welcomed me and I was always invited to join in their outings. It has been so great meeting people from all over the world..

30 th over project with the golden girls

it was amazing, an great experience. To see the children smiling and learn children something was very nice. The staff was expert. The welcome was warm. the projects where useful, both home from home, the schools en the library.

volunteering in Africa

I had a wonderfull exoerience with volunteering in Capetown. The people are so nice and welcoming and the kids were so enthousiastic. Dan is the best and also Debs, Michelle, Jess, Thulani and Sandiso

An amazing experience in Capetown

I was on the 30+ project for two weeks in Capetown. It was a great experience. I really felt i tribute to the projects. You can really make your own planning on the project. I never felt unsave for a minute.

Lori's review

Overall, I had a good experience. Support system was great. My personality is introverted so had difficulty adjusting to numbers of people in the house and teaching the preschoolers, but by the second week I felt more comfortable in both areas. Felt like I needed a little more direction in planning for projects having had no prior experience working with preschoolers.

Over 30s teaching

Amazing people, amazing places,! A great experience and you feel like you are giving something back and working towards a goal/ aim for improvements for people in local areas. You have the opportunity to really get involved!