Volunteers and local kids playing tug of war Volunteers and local kids playing tug of war

Marketing Internship with African Impact in Cape Town

Highly Recommended

This internship is one of the best things I've ever done. After my degree I couldn't decide whether to start looking for work or to take a gap year and travel, so this was the best of both worlds. Cape Town is amazing - my new favourite city! When I first arrived everyone told me that I wouldn't want to leave and they were so right. There's so much to see and do. Beaches, mountains, shopping, bars, museums, sports, vineyards... The list goes on. Shark-cage diving was a particular highlight.

Working in the African Impact office was great. The Marketing and Social Media Managers are both lovely and I learnt a lot from them. You get to take on a fair amount of responsibility in this role as well so it was a great opportunity to develop practical knowledge/skills. When I eventually came home and started applying for jobs every interviewer just wanted to ask about the internship! It really stands out on a CV.

I'd recommend an internship with African Impact in a heartbeat. A return visit to Cape Town has also been added to my bucket list.

Great internship experience!

My Time as a marketing intern in Cape Town was a wonderful experience! The City is amazing, Between the differents Hike,food market, shark cage diving,the garden route,.. The list of activities is endless you never get bored there! I've met a lot of wonderful people, it's a lifetime experience! I will never forget all the nice moments there :)

The Internship itself was incredible experience! All the team is really nice and welcoming! I've learn a lot during my stay there! they ask me to do so many various work than you keep learning during all your stay! It never get repetitive! All the team make you feel immediately comfortable, they are always ready to answer to any of your questions, but it's also challenging, you can really see your improvement week after week! It's a really great working experience and all the team is really lovely!

However,The localization of the Intern House may not be the best if you want to explore the city during the week. Fishoek is a quiet area,but it's quite far from the city center, so you can't really explore the city during the week, except if you are ready to rent a car or pay for a transfer to the city. It's a cost that you have to add in your budget if you wish to go to the center during the week. It may not be the best place to stay for young people who wish to go out. When we had some problem at the house it also took some time to be fix. But during the weekend you can have the opportunity to be host at the volunteer house in the City Center and it's a wonderful location where you can meet a lot of volunteer from all around the world!! I've met the best people there!
This Internship with African Impact was one of my best experience ever, all the team was amazing and I will recommend it to everyone interested in Marketing and Social media!! Thank you to all the team for the great time there!

Marketing and social media internship

I had such an amazing internship with African Impact! The entire office is so welcoming and really helps to make the transition as smooth as possible. I can't say enough good things about working for Olivia and Andrew. They both are dedicated to making sure you get everything you want out of the internship and really make it your own. The work is challenging enough to feel accomplished, but never too overwhelming or stressful. Ultimately, they want you to enjoy every aspect of the internship in and outside of the office. Being able to visit the projects and see first hand what you are promoting is especially rewarding. The entire experience has been life changing!