Volunteers and local kids playing tug of war Volunteers and local kids playing tug of war

Internships and Volunteer Programs in Africa

Amazing experience

Could not have worked with a better group of people. The staff were incredible and had so much knowledge about everything. Their enthusiasm made it so much more enjoyable and the passion they all have was so inspiring. Would definitely recommend :)

Volunteering will change you life!

I volunteered for 2 weeks in the Community Project in Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe through African Impact. I actually went just to accompany my college-age daughter, not realizing that I would become totally converted to helping the people of Zimbabwe in any way i can. Although I had very positive contact with Shelley Bolle from African Impact when planning our trip, I still was wary about what I would find when I actually entered the country. I wasn't even sure that there would be anyone at the airport to greet us. All of my fears were unfounded. From the moment we landed in Vic Falls to our departure 2 weeks later we were constantly in the care of, protected by, and taught by very capable, loving, and dedicated staff members. The food and sleeping arrangements were much better than expected. The staff members in charge of the various projects, especially Norman Moyo over the Community Project, were amazing in their knowledge, their dedication to the work, and their love of the people and work they were doing. They have a vision of what needs to be done and how volunteers can help improve conditions in Zimbabwe. I was so impressed with the management of the projects that i have no hesitation to continue to send donations to them to help further the work that is being done. I never feared for my safety, or the safety of my 20 year old daughter. To the contrary, the people were friendly, helpful and magnanimous, even in their poverty. Most of the locals always had a smile on their face. We helped in the Rose of Charity orphanage 4 days a week. We also helped out at the old folks home in Chinotimba, as well as helped in the community gardens. We were also introduced to the other projects, such as the African Lion and Environmental Research Trust (ALERT) and the Lion Encounter program. We worked in the national park doing research on biodiversity and large predators that might compete with the lions. The vision and the goals of the people involved in these various projects was astounding. I never wanted to leave. Also, the volunteers from countries all around the globe were fabulous. We met volunteers from Norway, Sweden, Austria, Netherlands, England, Australia, israel and the United States. They all had great attitudes and were there to work, and they took their work very seriously. I can't adequately express what happened to me during those 2 weeks in Zimbabwe, but my life will never be the same. For whatever reason, God has called me to be connected with the people of Africa, and specifically Zimbabwe, and I owe a debt of gratitude to African impact for making it all possible.