Volunteers and local kids playing tug of war Volunteers and local kids playing tug of war

Dolphin & Marine Conservation in Zanzibar

Amazing trip

I would do it all over again :) I have learned so many things here in Zanzibar and I could see much more than only the touristic attractions. I could discover the life of the local people and see things I would never have seen as a tourist. It was such a pleasure to be part of this project and the managers are doing their best to help the people here in Zanzibar. I'm so thankful for the experience I got here!

Dolphin project review

I have thoroughly enjoyed my time in Jambiani volunteering with African Impact. The accommodation is excellent as well as the food! The programme itself is very enjoyable and I feel like i have helped with some valuable research and made an impact on the community of Jambiani and Kizimkazi. The in house aspect is great, everyone is very friendly and very sociable. We get involved in the local community massively by enjoying a local meal every week where the food is amazing! It is one of the best meals of the week. Also with Swahili lessons twice a week I feel like I have managed to learn a lot of the language as we are using it day to day.
My whole trip was extremely fun and i would recommend it to anyone who has an interest in dolphins or scientific research, as well as anyone wanting to travel somewhere new.

amazing experience

review for the 2 projects: teaching (2 weeks and marine 2 weeks). I enjoyed more the dolphin project but i learnt from both a lot! Be open minded is the key. In the teaching project: i loved the adult lessons, the students were so happy to learn English. In the marine project, it is just amazing to do the monitoring of dolphins everyday!! The team is so friendly and i liked the fact that local people and staff from african impact work together to achieve this project. i really hope for them that in the future the dolphin tourism will be well regulated thanks to this project!