Volunteers and local kids playing tug of war Volunteers and local kids playing tug of war

Community Teaching & Hands-on Lion Conservation Project

Good experience

It have been really amazing experience. I feel that I have had the chance to do so much stuff and also make an impact. if I such say one thing that was negative its the bugs everywhere. But I know that I am in Africa an just have to live with it for a little while.

Sarah's Zimbabwe Trip

Antelope Park was great. I loved the experience and would love to come back. The variety of community projects was amazing, and I loved being able to see all different aspects of the people who need help. The social life was very nice, and it was easy to get awed by the beauty of the park. I wish I had more time to do all the different projects offered here, but I guess that is just a reason to come back

Great place

I came on this trip to get out of my comfort zone. What I didn't realize was it is impossible to not be comfortable at a place like Antelope Park. Everyone from the staff to the other volunteers are just generally nice and working towards making it comfortable to everyone else. From the second we got off transport, Rosa did everything she could to keep the volunteers informed with the happenings at camp. She had the board constantly updated with our activities for the next day, asked our opinion on upcoming social events and was not hard to track down if we needed anything amended. She is a great leader and without her consistently pushing to make sure things happen I worry about what would happen to order at AP

The lion project is fascinating. They go in depth explaining why everything's the way it is and explain any questions. It is quite the experience taking the lion cubs out for a walk and the handlers do a great job making you feel comfortable.

The facilities at camp are nice, you can almost always get a hot shower and the laundry is done regularly. The bedrooms are fine and no complaints about the beds.

I spent most of my time volunteering with the community project and they have some work up ahead of them but have been doing incredible things so far. I absolutely loved teaching at Julena Primary School and spending time with the drop in center and orphanage. They could perhaps benefit from more consistency in the schedule as if teachers/children knew when to expect them they could plan better. Staben has a great relationship with the vols and the projects and Rati deserves a shout out for her awesomeness too.

Time in Zimbabwe

It was an unforgettable experience. No matter if you are there for 2 weeks or two months, it's something that will affect you. As long as you are an open minded individual, your life will now be changed for the better.

Great experience!

It would have been appropriate to warn us it was holiday time, because the draft community for two weeks was really affected because of that.
What little we were in the community was wonderful.
The overall experience was amazing. The place, the animals, the team working in different areas in Antelope Park and the time shared with other volunteers was all great!

Exciting and rewarding

The staff, volunteers and accommodations at Antelope Park were wonderful. I have a heart and a passion for serving communities as well as a huge love for wildlife, with this program I got the best of both! Being ale to go out into the local community to teach children and lend support to the drop inn center and orphanage was incredibly rewarding. The community program coordinators encouraged us to jump right in and provided the necessary materials to succeed, I was able to teach a classroom on conservation efforts right away. The lion and elephant encounters on the weekend were an experience I will never forget, especially the night encounter! I walked away with a high level of compassion and knowledge for Zimbabwe, I can honestly say, 2 weeks was not enough!

Amazing experience

The experience was amazing. Loved the late nights around the bonfire with everyone. The living situation was a lot better than expected so that was great. Also I felt really save while being there....

An amazing volunteering experience

On top of meeting some of the most friendly and open-minded volunteers and staff members, the work completed during my time here was truly rewarding. The happiness and acceptance of the community, along with the kids in the school, shows how much of an impact you can truly make while working at Antelope Park. Antelope park spends time to recognize the areas in the community that need the most attention in order to insure that each volunteer can make as large of an impact as possible.

An unforgettable experience

Through this trip I feel I got the best of both worlds. I had the typical "African Experience" riding elephants, walking lions and so much more. I got to learn a ton about the animals and how important the lions role is. Then I also got to experience what the community goes through in their everyday life and I got to understand their culture in zim with greater depth. I was only at antelope park for two weeks but it was enough for the experience of a lifetime! I can't wait to go back for much longer!

Antelope Park

I've stayed here for six weeks, on kids and lions. The staff here is really nice, and happy to tell you about what they know. To help streetkids, walk with lions and get a lot of new friends is amazing!

Very good

It has been very good here at Antelope Park. I have met many new fantastic people, both volunteers and the kids at the community. Over all I have had a very good experience. Good rooms and very good food.

My thoughts of my stay at Antelope Park

I have been on the Kids & Lions program for six weeks, i am really glad that i chose this program, because it was a good combination between the community program, and the lions. I think the community program it pretty good organized, and the staff was good at their job, so I learned a lot from the work, and i feel like I made a different i some of the places we went to. The Drop in center was a highlight, and i really liked being there two times a week, and it was there I felt like i did make the most different.
The social life in the park is amazing, and i have met so many nice people from many different countries. It is a really social place to be at, and i have made many new friends.
The food we got here at the park was always very good, the only thing I would complain about is that it have happen many times that it was not enough food for everybody, or that when we got back from community, that they didn't know that we were coming back. So the communication was not always on top.
And one last thing that i want to comment on, is that the internet is really expensive. I think maybe it would be better to charge for like one or two weeks of internet, not MB.

The most amazing place you'll ever visit

I volunteered at Antelope park from january-february 2016 at the community&lions program, and it is absolutely the best decision I have ever made, and ever will make. The staff, the park, the programme, the animals, the other volunteers and even the food and bar - everything about this place will definitely overwhelm you. I traveled here alone, and that wasn't a problem for even one second. If the volunteers dont welcome you, you can be sure that the staff will. Even if you just want to volunteer for the social part, you'll have a great time. I really recommend the community project and working with the kids. You will teach these kids some, but they will teach you more than you ever could imagine. I'm speachless. If you're insecure - try it, do it.

My volunteer experience

I enjoyed my stay at Antelope park as a volunteer. The only negative thing was people gathering around the bonfire playing loud music when you're trying to sleep. I suggest maybe make a bonfire away from volunteer block.