Volunteers and local kids playing tug of war Volunteers and local kids playing tug of war

African Big 5 & Wildlife Conservation Project

Unforgettable experience

My time at Dumela lodge has been amazing. The eight weeks on this project just went very quickly but I have enjoyed every minute of it. I will never forget this experience. I have seen much more than I expected when I first decided to volunteer.

African Impact review

My two weeks spent in Hoedspruit with African Impact provided me with so many memories that I will never forget. I was physically and mentally challenged and pushed every day by a helpful, supportive, and super motivated staff and group of volunteers. Everyone on the team was so passionate and knowledgeable. It was clear from the start just how much they all love what they are doing. Being surrounded by such a great group of people made it easy to find my own motivation. I enjoyed every activity, as each had something unique to offer. Everyone was given a fair opportunity to contribute and make an impact, and I hope we all did! It was certainly an unforgettable experience. A once in a lifetime trip that I already want to take again!

A+ time

I had the best time while volunteering with AI. The lodge was full of a great atmosphere thanks to the amazing staff and other volunteers, definitely was not ready to leave after my six weeks were up!

Dumela Lodge

During my time here at Dumela Lodge I did research which was fantastic. It was awesome to help with the butterfly garden and the waterhole in order to improve the ecosystem and it even turned into a mud fight which was an amazing experience and super fun.

Photo fantastic!

A great experience - everyday there was something different to stretch and challenge our photographic skills. This was matched with tuition and chance to get dirty and physically make a difference through conservation work. During my month we built a butterfly garden. Each week we camped in a reserve open to the Kruger national park and were privileged to see lions, elephants and even the elusive leopard among others.

The best days of my life

If you're looking for the most amazing animals while volunteering and making a difference, this is the place. Not only do you get to see nature in it's most beautiful state and help the researchers that are working here, you'll also get to spend time with people from all over the world, making friendships that you will never forget.

African Impact is the bomb dot com

Volunteering with African Impact has honestly been the highlight of my year. The people are all incredible and the work we do is meaningful and important. It makes it easy to get out of bed early in the morning, and trust me that is something I thought I would struggle with. I will miss the whole team and the wildlife so much. GO AI!!

Incredible

My time here was absolutely amazing. I have learned so much about the different species and wildlife there is in Africa and how everything interacts and works together. There is never a boring moment and all of the drives and activities are a lot of fun and very interesting. Volunteering here has made me feel like I've actually made a difference in the world. Everybody is so enthusiastic about all the work that is done here and I hope that they are able to achieve everything they want to. I'm really going to miss being here and i hope that i can return again soon.

Amazing experience

I did five amazing weeks ! I met amazing peoples and program was very cool.
I liked all missions but the best was klasserie! I loved reading club and eco-community but I think we didn't make enough activities with community!

Awesome

It was wonderful to meet different people from different cultures and work with them. I initially thought that I would only be working with people much older than me but I found a nice mix and ended up getting to know everyone. I felt really safe while at African impact (safer in the bush than in the city!) and I felt the program was very well organized with plenty of diverse activities making an impact in different ways whether it was with the community or environment.

Exceeded expectations

African Impact make sure that you know how grateful the South African community are for our help and the what "impact" we are causing. Definitely the best volunteering experience I ever had. Beautiful place, awesome people!

Wish I'd booked longer

Having spent only 3 weeks with African impact, I have learnt an incredible for such a short period of time. Not just about the wildlife, but about the problems faced by organisations such as African impact and their partners, and the ways in which they are tackling these problems. The staff are amazing, the guides seem to know everything there is to know about the bush, not once in my time here were they unable to answer a question! The work can be tiring, but is rewarding as we can see the difference we are making. The drives are amazing and there is always something to see, the best of all for me being a sighting of a leopard with its cub! I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here and my only regret is that I didn't book more than 3 weeks! I would recommend it to anyone without a second thought!

6 weeks of glory

After doing the photography program I thought it might be a rough transition, it was not at all, it was fantastic. I love the research project, every aspect of it. Digging in the morning, data in the afternoon. Love the staff, they my pals, I'll miss them so.

Once in a lifetime experience

It was an amazing experience that surpassed all of my expectations. African Impact is a very serious and committed organization and at the same time it provides volunteers the opportunities to have fun, explore, and most importantly feel like they have had an impact.

Awesome

I had two beautiful weeks! It was a great time. The guides and the staff members were very friendly and passionate. I found knew friends and learned a lot of the African wildlife. I can definitely see myself volunteering again with African Impact. I had a great time and I can't recommend it enough!

Didn t stay long enough

I had great time here with everybody. Nice people, great activities, a lot of animals. I especially liked to sleep in Klaserie and spend time in the reserve. we saw so much animals that I didn't expect!

Amazing program

One of the best program I have ever get. The environment and food is much more than expectation. But I haven't got community program during two weeks, which is such a pity. Hope it can be managed in schedule at first week of each group based on it is not the one have to be taken everybody.

Big 5 and family

Cuando me inscribi a hacer un voluntariado con african impact mis expectativas eran muy altas sobre el proyecto tan grande que iba a hacer para dejar una huella. Pero cuando llegue el lugar, el trabajo , el proyecto y sobretodo la gente hicieron de este voluntariado una excelente experiencia dejando huella en mi

Amazing experience

Volunteering in Africa was an incredible experience. The sightings were surreal everyday we had an up close encounter beautiful creatures; and the sunsets and sundowns were like nothing I've ever seen before. The other volunteers and the staff members of African impact all made my experience that much more fun. The two weeks I was there I had the opportunity to meet fantastic people, some who I now call good friends.

An amazing journey

From the very beginning I wasn't expected such a wonderful experience. This trip held his promises. The staff have been so helpful in the collection of datas and you learn so much from those amazing people.

Time of your life

My 3 weeks volunteering at African Impact, definitely wasn't long enough. It was a truly amazing experience and one that I will never forget. I had the time of my life and will definitely be back!!!!!

My amazing experience

I can honestly say that this was the best 8 weeks of my life. It exceeded my expectations in every way. I would not have traded these 2 months for anything. I met so many amazing people and had so many incredible experiences that I will never forget. I feel truly blessed to have had such a great staff and met so many awesome volunteers along my journey here. I don't want to leave and really wish I could just stay. I know I am going to miss it here so much. I was so nervous to come here and now I am just nervous to leave and go back home to a life that is not nearly as good and exciting and fulfilling as this one. This place and the people here made a huge impact on my life and who I am as a person and I hope I made an impact during my stay here as well.

Born to be a volunteer

I understood the real meaning of volunteering and that's not only helping people that need it, but it's to devote myself entirely to everything and everyone's needs, it's to be ready to do all the most painful work without asking anything in return.

African Impact review

I can't wait to come back!!! Learning about the animals, seeing the kids, and meeting everyone here has made this experience so incredible. These past three weeks I've learned so much and I cannot wait to come back. The staff especially had been amazing. You guys are an inspiration.

Research part

It was amazing to change from Photography to Research. I learned so much about the animals and nature. I enjoyed my time very much! I will never forget my time here and i hope i can do this experience again! :)