Elephants Elephants

Shimongwe Wildlife Veterinary Experience

The Best 2 months of my life!

I have done this project twice now and both times it was nothing short of perfect! ACE organised all my flights and transport for me so I knew I would always be in the right place at the right time and it would always be supervised and safe.
The family I stayed with were the most lovely, friendly and accommodating people I have ever met. I got my own bedroom and all dietary requirements are catered for, and the food was always delicious! We were taken out at the weekends if there was no work with the vet, and got to do activities like meeting Jessica the hippo and elephant rides so we got the most out of every second. We got taken to the vets every morning at what ever time we had to be there and picked up in the evenings ready for dinner.
Dr Rogers is the most incredible vet I have ever had the pleasure of working with, his commitment and drive is just inspiring, he takes the time to explain everything he is doing so I learned so much about the different treatments and drugs and he let us get as hands on and as involved as possible.
There was nothing I would change about my trip and I would go again in an instant if I had the chance!
Couldn't rate it better!
5* would definitely recommend it

• African Conservation Experience responded to this review March 01, 2016 at 1:55 AM

Thank you for sharing your experience and pictures - Hopefully you'll be back out with Dr Rogers before you know it!