Orphan Field Worker in Cameroon, Africa
Cameroon: Belo, Rural Areas
1-2 Year, 3-6 Month, 7-12 Month, Multiple Year
Send inquiry for specific dates
The successful applicant is 21 years or older and has a commitment to helping people, be highly motivated and enthusiastic. A background in social work or teaching is beneficial. A minimum stay of 3 months is required.
Cost in US$:
Program Fees Include:
This position is a volunteer position only that means there is no salary and the volunteer is responsible for living costs, transportation to Belo in Cameroon, insurance, vaccinations and other personal expenses.
- Administration fee: An administration fee of 300 Euro must be paid by all volunteers upon arrival
- Euro for 5-11 months and 110 Euro for 12 months or longer)
- Accommodation (incl. electricity): 30,000CFA monthly
- Cleaning/washing clothes:10,000CFA monthly (if required)
- Cook: 25,000CFA monthly (if required)
- Food: appr. 1000CFA daily (depending on own preferences)
Pick-up and payment
Pick-up from the airport (in Douala or Yaounde) can be arranged. The costs for the BERUDEP staff who will pick you up from the airport is included in the above-mentioned administration fee. No fees have to be paid in advance, only upon arrival in the BERUDEP office.
- Community Development
- Disability Issues
- Disaster Relief
- Grassroots Organization
- Health Care
- Health Education
- Youth Development
This Program is open to
American, Asian, Australian, Canadian, European, Kiwi, South African and Worldwide Participants. This Program is also open to Families, Couples and Individuals.
Typical Living Arrangements
- Group living
- Independent living
Typically Participants Work
Independently or in Groups of with local field workers
Application Process Involves
- Online Application
Typically The Application Process Time is