Japan: Aichi, Aizuwakamatsu, Akita and 68 other citiesLength of Position: One year contract
Teach English in Japan with the AEON Corporation, one of Japans largest English Conversation schools. AEON provides an opportunity for teachers from all over the world to live and work in thriving metropolises such as Osaka and Tokyo, or in the tranquil settings of the Japanese countryside. At AEON, there is an emphasis not only on the academic qualifications of the teaching staff, but also on their personal qualifications. A BA/BS degree is required in any major, in addition to completing all elementary and secondary education in English. Contracts with AEON run for one calendar year and positions are available starting every month. A competitive salary, commuting expense reimbursement, and a contract completion bonus are also included. Candidates must also submit a resume and 1-page essay detailing reasons for wanting to live and work in Japan.
San Francisco, CA - July 19, 2014
Toronto, ON - Fall 2014
Atlanta, GA - Fall 2014
Chicago, IL - Fall 2014
Phoenix, AZ - Fall 2014
Austin, TX - Fall 2014
Seattle, WA - Fall 2014
Honolulu, HI - Fall 2014
* United Kingdom
London - Fall 2014
Sydney - Fall 2014
1. Teaching experience and Japanese language ability not required.
2. Monthly salary starts at 270,000 yen for a 5-day, 40-hour work week; maximum of 25 teaching hours.
3. More than 300 schools on the five main islands of the country.
4. Program participants provided with a private apartment furnished to Japanese standards with a subsidized rent of 55,000 yen a month.
5. AEONs New York City and Los Angeles offices offer year round recruiting.
- BA/BS degree required in any major. Candidates must have completed all of their elementary and secondary education in English only.
- Teaching experience is beneficial but not necessary.
- Japanese language ability is also helpful but not necessary.
* For consideration, please submit both a resume and a one page (500 word) essay titled, "Why I Would Like to Live and Work in Japan?" Please note that resumes received without essays will neither be reviewed nor considered.
- English as a Second Language
Languages Used as a Medium of Teaching
The monthly starting salary is 270,000 yen (regardless of postgraduate degrees) for a 5-day, 40-hour work week with a maximum of 25 teaching hours. One week or more of paid training in Japan. 5 personal days per year. Japanese national holidays and 3 weeks of vacation. Private apartment furnished to Japanese standards with subsidized rent (55,000 yen/month). Health and Pension Insurance coverage through the Japanese Social Insurance System. Bonus provided upon completion of final contract. Knowledge of branch school location prior to signing contract.
This Program is open to
Kiwi, South African, Australian, Canadian, European and American Participants.
Typically Participants Work
Application Process Involves
- Online Application
- Written Application
- In-Person Interview Required