Adelante International Internships and Study Abroadhttp://www.adelanteabroad.com/Chile/chile_...
101 Main Street, Suite B Seal Beach, CA 90740 United States
Chile: Valparaiso, Vina del Mar
Fall, Spring, Summer, Winter, Trimester, Academic Year, Throughout the year, May Term
International Internship Programs start year round, the first Monday of every month
Work experience in Chile makes your Resume (or CV) stand apart from your peers. Chile has long been a serious player in the burgeoning South American economy. Intern at a Radio Station, or at a Chilean University, or for a Newspaper or with an extreme Tour Company, and more. All placements are in Vina del Mar or Valparaiso along the Pacific coast, It is cheap to live in this part of the world and it is also safe. Further, this is a serious country, not a lot of "manana" or "tomorrow" mentality, that takes pride in its work ethic.
Expect a fairly customized program and process here as you are all different and bring to the table different skill sets. For this reason, we do not provide a list of internship company names in Chile whereby each intern is probably doing the same thing as the past 9 interns there. Rather we find the right corporation or organization for each candidate based on their file specifications.
Anywhere from 3 to 10 candidates will begin internship programs each month. Average length of stay is 3 - 6 months, and we can do shorter as needed. Participation in this program will provide the ability to become fluent in Spanish. All candidates have a Chilean Supervisor at their work assignments, plus an English-speaking Intern Advisor living in Vina del Mar.
* Summer Programs available
* Intern from 1 to 12 months
* 3 weeks of intensive Spanish language classes are included in the fee
* Several half- and full-day excursions are included in the fee
* Lodging is included in the fee: your own room in a shared apartment with other Adelante candidates, or you may opt to live with a Chilean family.
* Airport pick-up & delivery to your lodging is included in the fee.
* Contracted internship in your desired sector is included in the fee. Plan on interning abroad about 4 hours each day, 5 days per week.
* Participate and receive credit or participate for life experience, you decide
* You will gain real, international work experience to add to your resume.
* You can become fluent in Spanish, especially during the longer programs.
** All Adelante Abroad programs are built to be more economical - we urge you shop around and compare prices **
This program is meant to be 50% work experience and 50% language acquisition and cultural immersion.
Qualities required are: dependability for your work assignment, courage for your international living abroad experience and openness to all the new people and experiences you will encounter. Program candidates should be 18 or older and the right "gap year" students are welcome. Some Spanish is helpful although we can and do place beginners.
We endeavor to always provide the most economical internship programs. Please see our website for latest prices and application fee.
* Pre-departure interview and orientation materials.
* Airport pickup & delivery to your housing upon arrival.
* On site Orientation upon arrival, during days 1 – 2
* 3 weeks of intensive Spanish language classes.
* Excursions during the language course component – think trekking, wine tasting, surfing, city tours, skiing, depending on time of year
* Central and safe Housing - your own private room in a shared apartment, or choose to live in a homestay for the duration of your program.
* Internship placement – customized, contracted work assignment, for 4 hours a day/ 5 days a week, in your chosen sector.
* 24/7 support from on-site, local Adelante Abroad staff
* On-going counseling and assistance as needed, from both Chile and USA Adelante Abroad staff
Internships are 4 hours per day / 5 days per week unpaid
American, European, Canadian, Australian, South African, Kiwi, Worldwide and Asian Participants.
One of the best aspects of this international experience was the chance to work internationally in an entirely Spanish speaking business.More
I think the best thing that I've got out of this experience is learning the European culture and meeting all different kinds of people from everywhere. The people that I have met really enlightened...More
The best thing about this international experience was primarily my assimilation into the Spanish culture and the huge improvement in my language ability. The worst thing about it was that because ...More
I loved the people I met along the way and experiencing other cultures first hand. A summer that I will never forget.More
At the language school I met a lot of people from all over the world, that was one of the highlights of my experience, meeting so many people from all over.More
Did you participate on a program with Adelante International Internships and Study Abroad?
Share your thoughts!