Adelante International Internships and Study Abroad Header Image Adelante International Internships and Study Abroad Header Image

Summer Study Abroad in Costa Rica

• The Campus

San Jose, Spanish Language Program

I enjoyed taking classes at Veritas. It was a small school and easy to find my way around. There were many Americans studying there so it was difficult not to encounter people who spoke English. I needed to seek out those students who were willing to only speak Spanish.
My host family was very welcoming. My host mom was a fantastic cook. She made it feel like I was part of the family. The home had termites that were a problem in my bed and desk. I had to speak with the family about it.
San Jose was very dirty and not very safe. I wish I had studied somewhere outside of the capital. I enjoyed taking trips on the weekends to see other parts but the weeks were long.

• Adelante International Internships and Study Abroad responded to this review July 30, 2015 at 12:58 PM

So happy that you enjoyed the University and your housing was warm and welcoming! We will speak with that family, they are lovely, about the termite issues right away. This seems to crop up in summer pretty frequently. San Jose is a big, old city, and one that many seem to want to leave on the weekends. It's one of the reasons why our Costa Rica programs, Intern in and Study Abroad, have amazing excursion packages: to help you experience more than the capital city. Keep practicing your Spanish, after this one month intensive course you have a solid foundation now. Team Adelante