Intern in Uruguay is an independent program whereby candidates gain real international work experience while immersing themselves in another culture. The program begins with a three week intensive Spanish course with local Uruguayan teachers. Candidates will then participate in 4 hour a day internships in small to mid-sized, Uruguayan-owned companies or organisations. Part of the application process is a phone interview to ensure that candidates are placed in the Sector that best corresponds to them. We can usually guarantee placement. The program is not competitive and we place year round, starting the first Monday of each month.
This internships involves working with an Iron works manufacturer of custom doors, windows and decorative railings for homes. Interns may work on the industrial plant and be involved with manufacturing, and/or they may work in the commercial retail outlet.
Participation in this program will massively upgrade your Resume and provide the ability to become fluent in Spanish. All candidates have a Uruguayan Supervisor at their work assignments, plus an English-speaking Intern Advisor living in Montevideo. This is a fairly customized program and process, with anywhere from 3 to 10 candidates starting programs each month. Housing is your own room in a shared apartment or a homestay with a local family you choose (please ask for price differences).
This program is for independent-minded people looking for a real living abroad experience. There are numerous Internships/Sectors to choose from and we are always adding more.
The amount of time you choose to intern is flexible, with program lengths ranging from 1 to 12 months; This can be a non-academic or academic internship - you decide; 3 weeks of intensive Spanish language classes are included in the fee; Lodging is included; You will be met at the airport when you arrive in Montevideo, Uruguay and taken directly to your lodgings.
You will gain real, international work experience to add to your resume, and you can become bi-lingual if you apply yourself. Instead of just visiting, as a tourist, you will be living and working in Uruguay -- there is really no other way to truly learn the language and the culture...
* The amount of time you choose to intern is flexible, with program lengths ranging from 1 to 12 months
* This can be a non-academic or academic internship - you decide. All candidates who have sought to receive credit for this program have done so.
* Extensive Pre-Departure Orientation and counseling
* You will be met at the airport when you arrive and taken directly to your housing
* Program and city Orientation provided
* 3 weeks 4 hours per day of intensive Spanish language classes are included in the fee
* Some excursions are included during your intensive Spanish coursework.
* Lodging is included. Live like a Uruguayan in a shared apartment with other Adelante candidates or elect to live in a homestay with a local family (inquire for price difference).
* Internships are for 4 hours each day in small to mid-sized, Uruguayan-owned companies or organisations. You will gain real, international work experience to add to your resume.
Throughout the year
First Monday of every Month
Program candidates should be 18 or older and possess a desire to learn about and live in another culture. Some Spanish is helpful although we can and do place beginner - beginners, though internship choices are limited. Candidates should be at college level or graduate level, though we have some "gap-year" candidates.
Qualities required are: dependability for your work assignment, courage for your international living abroad experience and openness to all the new people and experiences you will encounter.
- Business Admin, Management
Cost in US$:
From 2,345 to 5,545 for 1-6 months, plus 150 non-refundable application fee.
Program Fees Include:
- Pre-departure interview, written materials and counseling and assistance as needed.
- Airport pickup on arrival.
- Housing for duration of program - own private room in shared apartment, or homestay option (inquire for price as this option includes meals and laundry).
- 3 weeks of intensive Spanish language classes.
- Some excursions included during first 3 weeks.
- Internship placement in chosen sector.
- English speaking staff in-country and in the USA for support if needed.
This Program is open to
American, Australian, Canadian, European, Kiwi, South African and Worldwide Participants.
Typically Participants Work
Application Process Involves
- Phone/Video Interview
- Written Application
- Letters of Reference