Adelante Abroad Header Image Adelante Abroad Header Image

Semester Study Abroad in Costa Rica

The best college experience ever

This program was VERY affordable. What the program entails is worth so much more than what you pay for. This is a program that I am recommending to many of friends whom are still enrolled in college. This is an opportunity that if it is given you must take advantage of.

Fantastic

My time in Costa Rica was unforgettable. I had a wonderful Time. Adelante was very helpful and cooperative. The program coordination staff at the school itself were a little frustrating to deal with, but Adelante was incredibly helpful.

The best summer I have had!

I will always remember the sunset, every night was amazing.

I chose Adelante because they offered the lowest price which included the one class I took and two excursions to Monte Arenal and Playa Tamarindo. The friendly staff helped me at every step of the way and made sure that I was prepared for my first trip out of the country.

My mama Tica was the sweetest woman with the best food! The house was about 7 min walking distance from the school and I got my own room, TV, closet, desk and key to the house. She had two dogs which made my stay even better!

Pura Vida Summer 2014!

The Summer of 2014 was literally the best summer I have had. Not only was it my first time out of the country, but I celebrated my 20th birthday overseas! I saw mountains, relaxed in the natural hot springs, visited my first waterfall, swam at many beaches, snorkeled, got an up close and personal view of the most amazing wildlife and plants all while perfecting my grasp of the Spanish language. Every day was an adventure and I'm glad I was able to experience the Pura Vida lifestlye!

often times the students would speak English instead of practicing Spanish which was hard to avoid.

Amazing!

If I could do it all over again I would have requested to not have roommates because we spoke too much english, it was hard not to especially because we all were in different levels.. low, medium and intermediate. I would also make friends with the ticos early on in the program for the full cultural experience. Adelante did everything in their power to help me get there, they were extremely helpful.

I found that I was mostly immersed the the American Culture as there were so many Americans there. I had two American roommates in my homestay. SO if possible, try to request a solo house, and if you are outgoing make friends with the ticos! I made friends my last few days there and it was very beneficial, would have been even more beneficial had I met them earlier in the program. Go on the excursions, chat with your professors, the Cultural immersion part you really have to seek out on your own.

I never experienced any threats to my safety, nor did I hear about anyone who did. But the school and my host family was warning me about leaving the house alone at night (so I didn't). I made really good friends and we went everywhere in group, the guys all lived with the same family and they would come pick us ladies up.