Adelante Abroad Header Image Adelante Abroad Header Image

Semester in Seville, Spain

My Sevilla Experience

I can honestly say that i have enjoyed myself in Seville, Spain. I made the difficult but beneficial decision to come to Spain alone. It was my first time ever going to another country so you can imagine my fears, but i decided to try something new and experience a culture unlike my own. When i first came to Seville i was in awe of its beauty and wonders. Of course, i experienced being home sick,and for that I wanted to go back home to Michigan, because i was so accustomed to everything there. As the weeks i began to feel more relaxed and started to really appreciate my time in Spain. I began to explore Sevilla and also became acquainted with so many wonderful people and have improved my Spanish level also. I have visited many different places within Spain such as Cordoba, Cadiz, Carmona, and Jerez, which are all beautiful places as well. Now it’s time for me to return home and i am definitely dreading that, because Seville has become my home. I love the people here, the culture, the food, and the fiestas. I am so happy that i made the most difficult decision which in the end changed me in a way. It has opened my eyes to the world around me. I hope to return again to my home away from home in Seville!!!!!!

Study Abroad, it's a good idea!

My memorable experience was exploring my city was always great! Everyday was an adventure.

I chose the program because it came highly recommended.

The house was always clean, food was always available and my host mom who I lived with was nice.

Study Abroad, it's a good idea!

This program is great! When compared to other programs I consider it reasonably priced, and it offers so much more. while studying abroad in Seville, Spain this past semester I had the support of the Adelante team and the and local partners in Seville the entire time. The professor at the university were phenomenal and my Spanish improved greatly!

Most amazing five months EVER.

Thanks to Adelante Abroad, I spent a fantastic semester in Seville. From the application process to my arrival in Spain and even throughout my time there, I felt very well taken care of and able to concentrate on the most important things: improving my Spanish, experiencing the culture, and getting to know Spain and the Spaniards. My housing was ideal and comfortable. I was fed very well, and I've come to think of my dear hostess as my Spanish grandma. As for the university, not only was it easily accessible, but it had a great campus and was an awesome place to hang out between classes. Because the teachers were all so friendly, respectful, and knowledgeable, I enjoyed each and every class and was sad when they ended. Thank you, Adelante!

Great Program!

I would definitely recommend this program! It leaves a lot of time to explore the city of Seville, which has a ton of amazing sights to see! The program coordinators are super helpful, they even picked me up from the airport and took me to where I would be living (a lot of my friends told me their programs left them to fend for themselves once they got into the airport!) and they are still accessible to me a few years after I completed the program. I highly recommend the program to anyone and everyone!

The program was good, and not too rigourous which left a lot of time to explore!

I lived with an amazing family who called me "hija" which means daughter. They were amazing. My madre loved to cook for me, and I got three meals a day even though the program only required the family to provide me with two. Sometimes, they brought me home little treats from around the city. They lived closed to the center of the city and good shopping, too!

I recommend living with a family if you want to be fully immersed in the culture, and getting involved in the language partner or tutoring program!