Active Internationals Header Image Active Internationals Header Image

Volunteer in India - Social Change Programs

My best trip till date

I am 21 but I have been to 17 countries in my lifetime and I am sure here that my trip to India with Active Internationals was the best of them all. I participated in their India 360 program and was joined by four other participants from different countries.

Travelling with a multinational group was an experience in itself. It was such a wonderful trip where we were able to see forts, palaces, villages, wildlife, temples, Himalayas, Indo- Pak border ceremony, beaches and slums. All packed in one trip.

We also volunteered at a couple of locations and had a loads of cultural activities. It was really an overdose of India, which is still on my mind. I am really happy with the arrangements made by Active and appreciate them from pricing it so wisely for young people like us.

The highlight of my tour was the Tibetan temple in Dharamshala. I found it so peaceful and serene.
I would personally recommend all young people to go to India, and get on to a journey like this.

A worthwhile month of my life

It has always been 2 month since I'm back home from India but every single day, I get flashes from the great memories I had during my time there.

I was booked on a travel plus volunteer program with Active Internationals whereby, we travelled to Delhi, Jaipur, Agra, Pushkar while doing some social work at Jaipur & Pushkar. The beauty of this country and new friends from India is what I have earned outta this program.

My mother volunteered in India back in 2006 with Active Internationals & therefore, I was quite certain about the safety & projects with them. My program included all meals, transports, city rides, tours and some visit to the greatest places I have ever been.

If anyone is booking a program with them, please let me know as one of my friends is willing to join.

Loved every moment of it

Hi,
I am excited to share my opinion about my volunteer program in India, that I undertook with Active Internationals.
I volunteered in the rural location of Pushkar which is also a famous Hindu site. The stay there was fun and the whole team looked after us very well.
I was assigned to a computer teaching class for teen-age girls. These girls were bright and knew some basics of English. I was provided with a plan from my coordinator Navin, who ensured that different computing skills are covered.

We covered hardware, PC care and basics of windows. What liked the most was a handover that I gave to the next volunteer who would have taught them, MS Paint and basics of MS Office.
I loved the element of continuity in the project.

We also enjoyed our activities of Indian dress, yoga, bollywood dance and arts. We were taken out for a camel safari on one of the weekends and we also went to see the beautiful city of Udaipur.

Overall, it was so much fun and yet a gratifying experience. I strongly recommend Active Internationals and their team for the the fine work they are doing.

It was just great and highly dedicated

Initially I was apprehensive about visiting India. I used to think that it is a developing country which is doing much better than many other poor countries. So my services should be diverted to the most needy of all. However, I always had this itch of seeing India.

To my wonder, India is an extremely developed country when it comes to the hearts of the people. Rich or poor, they all are wealthy at their hearts. They are the most hospitable people I have seen in my life.
Volunteering in India last summer was the best thing that happened to me. My facilitators Active Internationals and their team were very well coordinated and made my stay comfortable. It could be sensed from the very first interaction that we can have as much fun as we want to, however the act of volunteering is ritualistic. It should be kept in mind that for doing good we might end up doing bad for the beneficiary community.

This was the best quality of these folks. They made us understand the needs of the community closely, explained the macro level plan to us and then opened up the activities that would contribute to that plan. We instantly got connected to the larger picture and wanted to contribute to it as much as we could.

I must say I learnt a lot. As Canadian girl brought up in a very developed country, I was unaware of the vagaries of life one can face. I am happy I made a difference.

We used to teach English, Math and General Science to the kids. Teach them to paint and make crafts. The best thing to teach was hygiene, etiquette and posture. This was overwhelming, when you could see a sea change in just a couple of days in the kids.

We also made a water tank for the school toilets, which was a success story in itself.

My recommendations to all who are reading this review -- Stay in India for sometime in excess of a month to really understand the meaning of real volunteering.

The people at Active Internationals are great and will ensure that you leave with a sense of achievement and gratitude together.

And yes - Jaipur is a fine city. We had great fun staying there and seeing places.

Pens down for now. Go out there and enjoy.

Truly - Travel for Good

Recently been on Volunteer plus travel program with Active Internationals. For me, the highlight of my visit was working at the Elephant village in Jaipur. I volunteer at Elephant village in Thailand as well but in India, the conditions and requirement are totally different from that of Thailand.

Not only I helped grooming the Elephants but also got to get in touch with the Elephant keeper community which is in terrible shape due to lack of funds. Teaching the kids over there was extra satisfying for me.

Thank you Active Internationals for all your hard work & support extended to me even when I fell ill for few days. Your motto of 'Travel for Good' is well justified by the kind of work you do in India.

A place to respect & learn

I felt like an extra ordinary person who is helping the community understanding hygiene, teaching women, playing with kids & finally travelled for 20 days to Himalayas, Nepal & South India with other volunteers on a super exciting cultural exchange program by them.

The feeling of helping a community was something I always wanted to experience & after reviewing Active Internationals with my who have travelled to India on their programs, I decided to finally go for it.

Loved everything about it. You are doing it by heart Active Internationals & you will see me very soon as your regular volunteers.

You are my Inspiration!!

This is my 3rd review of the day on my visit to India this February and I am going to make it long as it has to be special!

24 effective days in India where I chose to volunteer at Elephant Village with Active Internationals (They are working there even before it existed). After a week of volunteer work, I realized that the volunteers from different organization were keen to see what was I doing out there & after discussion, we got to know that they were told that they would volunteer at the village but no one provided them any information on what to be done, whom to meet, what to talk and things like that and eventually they became a part of my group. That is when I realized how important it is to come to India through a credible organization and Active Internationals made me proud enough that I have now left my job and planning to move to India for a Job (Again through Active Internationals)

It is important that the intention of the host organization is to facilitate you and not just earn money out of you.

Out of Box Program

Think of anything & Active Internationals make it happen for you across India. A professional bunch of young people who understand what it takes to make someone comfortable away from home. I never felt that I was not in Finland (My home country).

Taking care of Elephants
Teaching the wives of Elephant keepers
Helping them cook their meals
Lot of workshops & Presentations
Unique Walking tours by Vedic Walks (AMAZING)
Lot of new friends from different parts of the world

I completely felt like an 'Active International' who is on a tour to meet every kind of person on this earth & I truly met them.

I Volunteered in Jaipur, Pushkar & Himalayas & travelled to 8 different states & 12 cities of India

Thank you for all your efforts & making my Gap-year worth while. See you soon XoX

India is Incredible!

It was an incredibly amazing month of my life with Active Internationals. Spent about 30 days in India. While volunteering for a deprived community centre in Jaipur, I honestly never got myself so satisfied ever before in life. Teaching little kids and helping the ladies in constructing their houses was the best thing I could ask for.

During our stay, we travelled to Agra, Udaipur & Goa. Special thanks to Kuldeep for being the best guide through-out our program. He was humble, Very good in English, "A YOGA MASTER" & a dear friend.

Not even once did we think that the organization has compromised with our safety. We travelled in clean & good vehicles, stayed at decent accommodation & I fell in love with India Food (Thanks to Sushma - our cook).

For anyone willing to visit India, It is my personal recommendation to participate in Active Internationals programs