ACM - Associated Colleges of the Midwest Header Image ACM - Associated Colleges of the Midwest Header Image

ACM Tanzania: Ecology & Human Origins

I choose to study abroad through the ACM...

I choose to study abroad through the ACM Tanzania program because it was such a diverse program, where we lived in dorms, tents on a field site, and homestays. We also had the opportunity to conduct our own independent research project. While camping on the African savanna, I learned valuable lessons about my own interests and independent research in general. You can study anything from ecology to health studies. Tanzania is an amazing country, and if you want to visit east Africa and are at all interested in anthropology, language, or ecology, this program is amazing.

While the academics were not the greatest, living in Tanzania was the greatest experience.

While the academics were not the greatest, living in Tanzania was the greatest experience I ever had. The program featured three different parts: field study, academic study & homestay. I learned so much about the culture of Tanzania while there and I would do the program again in a heartbeat.