ACM - Associated Colleges of the Midwest Header Image ACM - Associated Colleges of the Midwest Header Image

ACM Chicago Program

The Chicago Business, Entrepreneurship, &...

The Chicago Business, Entrepreneurship, & Society program is seriously excellent. As a student, I was frustrated at being stuck on-campus learning in a closed-off institution, and I felt like I was living in a bubble. I spent my entire junior year off-campus, studying the fall semester in Ireland and coming back for the spring semester to do ACM's Chicago Programs. I have never before felt more attached to my education. Learning about Chicago in Chicago is such a good way to actively participate in society as a student. While many college students are forced to seclude themselves to their campus bubble, anyone on this program gets the benefit of a real education, from down-to-earth teachers, about the actual world.

My semester in Chicago on the ACM Chicago...

My semester in Chicago on the ACM Chicago Arts program was hands-down the best semester of my entire scholastic career. I had the opportunity to meet amazing people, explore talents that I didn't even know I had, work at an internship that I loved, and learn about Chicago, a city that I grew up in but never understood so well until now. Most importantly, there was a sense of freedom and independence that you don't really get in more conventional classes on-campus. You really are living on your own in the middle of the third largest US city. It was phenomenal!

Chicago

My internship was valuable and informative, as well as my classes. It's hard to compare with international programs, but I would absolutely recommend it to someone involved or interested in non-profits/social service/social change.