Performing Arts Internship
This internship opportunity draws from a partnerships between the Centre for National Culture (CNC), the Central Folkloric Theatre Company in Cape Coast, and ACCIP West Africa. Interns will work in the field of Performing Arts with a focus on Dance, Theatre, and Music. Established in 1995, The Central Folkloric Theatre Company earned first place in the Best HiLife and Traditional Pageant Competition in the Ghanaian 2010 National Festival of Art and Culture Celebration.
This internship seeks applicants between the ages of 16 to 35 who are interested in the following areas: Music, Theatre, Theatre Production, Choreography, Costume Design, Dance, Makeup, etc. Formal training and experience is not required although it is preferred and recommended.
1. Work on all aspects of performance production (i.e. set and costume design, choreography, individual and group rehearsals, etc.)
2. Assist in the promoting of performances at the CNC, through online advertising and local marketing
3. Perform in three performances monthly at the CNC, as well as all external engagements
4. Create and perform a solo or group piece
5. Gain international experience
Fall, Spring, Summer, Winter, Trimester, Academic Year, Throughout the year, May Term
- Art/Fine Arts
- Theater, Drama, Dance
Cost in US$:
min. USD 850
Program Fees Include:
Time commitment: Internships can last between 8 weeks - 6 months.
1) Programme Fee: Programme fee of $180 a week includes housing, meals (2x/day), accommodation, airport pick-up and drop-off, orientation and 24/7 emergency care support.
2) Confirmation Fee: A non-refundable payment of $500 secures the placement. It also contributes to placement set-up (liaising with the host organisation on behalf of the intern and explaining the intern's background, etc.), donation to host organization (for their time teaching and training you), and airport pick-up (getting the intern from airport to the home, getting the staff member to and from the airport, etc.).
A note on Academic Credit: Many universities have given academic credit for our internships, and we will work with you in obtaining credit if you would like.
This Program is open to
American, Asian, Australian, Canadian, European, Kiwi, South African and Worldwide Participants.
Typically Participants Work
Application Process Involves
- Online Application
- Written Application
Typically The Application Process Time is
Post Services Include
- Exit Debriefing Abroad