Performing Arts Internship
Ghana: Cape Coast
This internship opportunity draws from a partnerships between the Centre for National Culture (CNC), the Central Folkloric Theatre Company in Cape Coast, and ACCIP West Africa. Interns will work in the field of Performing Arts with a focus on Dance, Theatre, and Music. Established in 1995, The Central Folkloric Theatre Company earned first place in the Best HiLife and Traditional Pageant Competition in the Ghanaian 2010 National Festival of Art and Culture Celebration.
This internship seeks applicants between the ages of 16 to 35 who are interested in the following areas: Music, Theatre, Theatre Production, Choreography, Costume Design, Dance, Makeup, etc. Formal training and experience is not required although it is preferred and recommended.
1. Work on all aspects of performance production (i.e. set and costume design, choreography, individual and group rehearsals, etc.)
2. Assist in the promoting of performances at the CNC, through online advertising and local marketing
3. Perform in three performances monthly at the CNC, as well as all external engagements
4. Create and perform a solo or group piece
5. Gain international experience