Academic Studies Abroad Header Image Academic Studies Abroad Header Image

Study in Sorrento, Italy with ASA

Mediterranean paradise

Sorrento is the perfect place to go for a relaxed Mediterranean experience. Locals are welcoming and friendly, and Sorrento is big enough to be exciting, without being overwhelming. Sant'Anna staff is extremely helpful, and do everything possible to help you have the best experience. Class sizes are small and the classes are interesting, and give insight into the history of the area.

Sorrento

I had the most amazing experience of my life in Sorrento. Italy's Amalfi Coast is one of the most beautiful places in the world. Locals are friendly and helpful. The food is amazing and you are one hour away from Naples which is the home of the best pizza on the planet.

Sorrento

This once in a lifetime experience offered so much to me. I was able to build my resume with an internship, take easy classes that transfer to my university and allowed me to travel every weekend. In addition, i made great friends and was welcomed into a very sweet community.

Most eye-opening experience

Thus far, the most memorable experience I've had has been spending time with other kids in the program. Walking around town, spending afternoons on the beach and nights out on the town.

Growing up on Cape Cod, Massachusetts and knowing that I would want some sort of home base when I traveled abroad, I chose Sorrento because of its' proximity to the beach. Though the beaches are quite different here than at home, being so close to the water gives me a sense of home that I am glad to have. Also, Sorrento is very similar to my hometown. There is an influx of tourists from May until October and the streets are always bustling with shoppers and people dining out, just like Sorrento.

I live in a three bedroom/two bathroom apartment in the heart of Sorrento. There is a full kitchen, washing machine, and drying rack. There are two couches and a dining table in the living room which is good for having dinner guests.

Sorrento Fall 2014

Sorrento is a beautiful, quaint, busy town. My stay in Sorrento happened to be during the peak of tourist season, so I've been told that the streets aren't always so busy. The people are very friendly. As someone who got on a plane not knowing any Italian Sorrento has been the perfect place for me. Most business and shop owners as well as restaurant workers speak English and are very understanding when you try to speak Italian the best you can. Sant' Anna is a small school with a breathtaking view of Marina Grande, one of the most beautiful views I've ever seen. The professors and staff are helpful and genuinely care about each of the students that are enrolled in the program. This experience has been the most eye-opening one yet, and although the semester isn't over yet this has already been the most eye-opening experience of my life.

Viva la dolce vita

It is always a nerve wracking experience to go to a new country, and having never stepped outside the U.S borders before, I knew I was in for a complete shock. While the first several days, I did experience severe culture shock, the school, the teachers, and the other kids in the program helped me through it. I'm extremely satisfied with choosing a host family, because ASA set me up with a family that speaks almost completely in Italian (maybe 1 or two English words a day).

An Experience of a Lifetime

My study abroad trip was more than I could ever have asked for. It changed me in so many ways. I grew academically, personally, culturally, and in my own faith. My trip to Italy was by far the most amazing thing I have done with my life. I am so glad I made it through the tough times of wanting to go home. If I had, I would have never been able to see the world or understand where my family's roots are. My trip introduced me to many amazing people, both from the USA and Italy. I cannot wait to continue traveling and adventuring!