Academic Studies Abroad Header Image Academic Studies Abroad Header Image

Study in London with ASA!

My study abroad experience

The program itself was absolutely incredible. I would recommend ASA to everyone. LSBU however was not. I learned nothing academics wise and didn't even get into any of the 8 classes I got approved so none of them transferred. However the housing was in an incredible location. How many people can say they've lived in zone 1?

London Southbank University

Overall, studying abroad in London was unbelievable and better than I imagined it would be! I learned so many life skills, met some great people, and did plenty of traveling. I settled right into my flat in London, and felt right at home all semester long.

Amazing experience

I had the time of my life abroad. I met the greatest people and plan on keeping the friendships I made for a long time. Since travel within Europe is so cheap I got to travel to nine countries with my friends, which I highly suggest traveling as much as possible. It was definitely an experience that I will never forget. I recommend studying abroad to anyone who likes traveling.

LSBU

LSBU was amazing. Our location was really close to a tube and was walking distance from The Big Ben. Always felts safe and had a "British Mother" (provided by ASA) insuring that all of my needs were met.

ASA London 2014

This Program was great in terms of getting exactly where I wanted to go, which was the heart of the City. The access to staff from ASA was great, their help was greatly appreciated in all aspects from arriving to leaving back home.

study abroad survey

ASA was extremely helpful! Our director was awesome and planned so many great events for us throughout the semester.

Great Experience

I had a great experience with ASA. It was easy to get everything sorted out before going abroad because the people in charge were very straight forward about what needed to be done and when it needed to be done by. I was in London for the semester and loved Regents College. It was the perfect location-- in Regents Park and near Baker Street tube station. It was relatively close to everything. The school was small and you get to know other American students pretty well because everyone lives in the dorms. I would definitely recommend studying abroad with ASA in London.

Study abroad 2012

My experience studying abroad was incredible, but the academic system at London South Bank University is set up so poorly and makes actually learning impossible. The living situation was wonderful as I had fantastic roommates, but the fire alarm systems were unnecessarily sensitive and would go off even if perfume was sprayed. Overall experience? Wouldn't change for the world.

LSBU

I really enjoyed my time in London, however I found the classes extremely challenging. Additionally my accomodation was in a flat with all Americans, which was less than ideal. The people in London were all amazing. Food was expensive, but great!

Experience of a Lifetime

Studying abroad in London was one of the most challenging but rewarding times of my life. I gained so many life experiences, made friendships that will last a lifetime, and definitely experienced personal growth.

A once in a lifetime experience that I loved.

Being able to live and experience London for four months was incredible. I got to see so many things not only in London but England and other countries in Europe as well. Having the change to live and learn abroad is something I highly recommend for everyone to do!

Best experience of my life!

I can honestly say I came back a changed person. I highly recommend studying abroad 100%!

A Dream Come True

Studying abroad with ASA was so easy and fun! The beginning of my study abroad process was so smooth thanks to the continuous help and support of the ASA team. Whenever I had a question or problem I could email them or call and they would respond right away. The whole program was phenomenal. The included excursions, site director, and friends I made through ASA and in London was amazing. I truly recommend ASA!

It Was Awesome!

It was an amazing time! I traveled to so many great places and met so many wonderful people. This was life-changing. I grew so much as a person and I feel much more confident and independent. I'm so happy to have this experience. My worldview grew so much, and I met friends I'll have for life.

Life changing experience

ASA is a great program to study abroad through. Very reliable, always helpful in times of need, did a great job planning excursions and keeping in touch with students. I had a very enjoyable experience studying abroad at LSBU and would highly recommend studying abroad through ASA. Loved it so much I want to study abroad again!

Good experience, but could be better organized.

I really enjoyed this semester abroad. The other student on my program were very nice, which made the experience even better. Overall, ASA is a good provider. There was always a representative available when I needed one and they were more than accommodating with my pre-departure questions and requests. The main issue that I had was with the excursions. Even though we paid for all of them with the program fees, there were often issues with ticket reservations. We were scheduled to go to a play on a certain date, but sine the program didn't attempt to buy the tickets until a couple days prior to the event, we had to get tickets for a later date, which didn't fit everyone's schedule. This is just one example of the issues my group encountered with the excursions. Despite that frustration, I think this is a good program.

weird school, great city

What I was not aware of at the start of term in Regents College is just how posh it is. It might be reasonably cheap in American standards but for the British education system, it's one of the most expensive. This means that quite a few oil tycoons and ambassadors send their spoiled children here. It's not a bad thing, just something to be aware of. That said, I loved my time in London. It didn't change what I wanted to do with my life but it gave me opportunities that I never would have had otherwise. I was living off campus which I highly recommend. The dorms at Regents are stocked entirely with Americans and if that's your thing, that's great but living in the off campus housing provided through the college allowed me to meet people at the college that I would not have interacted with otherwise.
London itself is a fantastic city to be a student in. I recommend hanging out around Brick Lane (Old Street or Aldgate East tube stop) if you're the artsy type. I ran into a bunch of really nice street artists and musicians just by taking an interest in what was going on. Also, if you put yourself out there, you can make a name in the community in a fairly short period of time. There's a loads of open mic nights all over the city and I encourage you to take advantage of these.