Academic Studies Abroad Header Image Academic Studies Abroad Header Image

Study in Florence with ASA

Amazing time!

I had a 10/10 experience abroad. I loved my location, friends, and travel experiences. I cried when I left and cannot wait to return. I would suggest studying abroad to anyone and everyone I meet in college. It truly is a once in a lifetime experience.

Awesome summer

I absolutely loved my summer in Florence Italy. I learned in my classes, but still had time to explore the country because there was no class on Fridays. The food, students, and nightlife were all amazing! The school FUA was very accommodating and helpful, and the teachers were pretty cool. Thanks for an awesome summer ASA!

ASA Florence review

ASA had several trips and activities planned for us throughout the semester. All of which were a great and fun experience! If i had any concerns while abroad I knew that i could turn to ASA for advice. Overall, a great study abroad program that really cares about it's students and wants them to make the most of their experiences.

I Love ASA!

My experience studying abroad in Florence through ASA was amazing. Everyone was so helpful in making me feel comfortable and safe. Chiara (site director) was always reachable and came with me to doctor's appointments when I was sick or injured. The trips that ASA provided to various parts of Italy and attractions in Florence were amazing and helped me get to know the students in my program better. Because ASA was a small program unlike many of the other study abroad groups, I got to know everyone very well which helped combat feelings of homesickness. I'm so grateful to ASA for giving me this life- changing experience.

Outstanding!

Had an absolutely amazing and unforgettable experience! ASA really knows how to accommodate students and it was such a wonderful and close knit program. The excursions as well as the cultural activities were excellent and our site director was better than anyone could have imagined.

Florence study abroad review

I can't say enough good things about my experience with ASA. My time spent abroad was absolutely amazing, and I give a lot of credit to ASA for making my time spent in Florence the best it could be. After speaking with other students who went through different programs, I am sure that ASA is the best choice for anyone. They provide all the info you need, always make you feel safe, provide trips included in your program, and so much more.

Awesome experience

Awesome experience. Would recommend that anyone who has the opportunity to travel abroad definitely do it. And ASA made everything simple and efficiency. Felt safe throughout the whole process! FUA Rules!

Overall ratings

My only issue was health and safety. I did feel safe all the time. However, the healthcare did not give me much security. One of my roommates got a very false diagnosis which made me lose confidence in the health care system provided to us.

My abroad experience

The academics was just enough where I felt like I got a lot out of it, but never felt overloaded. I loved my living situation (I lived with 5 other girls). I always felt safe in the city I was living in as well.

Flo is the way to go!!

Florence was an amazing experience, ASA helped with all aspects of the process & made our abroad experience as good as it could be! They went beyond what other programs do, and made it such an easy transition, and also helped us along the way!

Florence Fall 2015

Studying abroad with ASA was wonderful. All of the administration is so helpful when it comes to questions and our Site Director Chiara was amazing. I always felt like I had people looking out for me.

Florence study abroad

Great program! Loved my site director, Chiara made us feel like we had someone we could go to at anytime. The landlord was great and came over to help us all the time. FUA was a great experience, learned a lot as a photography major. Would recommend this program to others.

Florence Study Abroad FUA

Chiara (our residence director) here in Florence made us feel at home from the moment we arrived. FUA academics were not necessarily challenging. ASA provided us with housing in a great location. Overall great experience!

Florence Study Abroad

I loved my time in Florence and studying at FUA! I'd definitely recommend this program to others. I wish I could have stayed longer because my time there was amazing and I'd do it all over again if I could!

Florence

Absolutely loved my study abroad experience through ASA. The program and the individuals were extremely helpful throughout the entire process and I have zero complaints. It was such a great experience!

Amazing Time

No complaints. Best experience of my entire life. ASA made sure everything went smoothly and was always there to answer my questions. Absolutely phenomenal customer service. Very very enjoyable experience.

Best Time of My Life

I would recommend anyone to go through ASA. The site director, Chiara, was amazing and so sweet and helpful. I never felt unsafe or even bored. Every day there were things to see and places to go. It was an unreal experience.

It was the best experience of my life.

Studying abroad was the greatest experience of my life. And I never would have been able to do it without the assistance of ASA. They kept me updated on all the important deadlines and paperwork I needed, and made even the most difficult tasks easy to do. Having them as the go-between with me and the University was such a relief. I felt prepared both before I left for Europe and while I was there. Thank you ASA!

Sam's ASA Florence review

I had an absolutely incredible time in Italy. ASA did a great job of giving me all the tools I needed to enjoy Italy to the fullest. The site director, Chiara, was incredibly nice and helpful in everything from help with academics to how to travel around the country to where the best places to eat and hangout were. She even took us on tours and out to dinner. The ASA excursion to Cinque Terre was great - the little towns were beautiful and it was nice to have a planned out trip somewhere. With classes only being Monday through Thursday, I was able to take trips to many different cities in Italy on the weekends, and was able to see all the major cities and landmarks in my month abroad. Overall it was a great experience that I would recommend.

Experience of a life time

Going to Italy was one of the best experiences I have ever had! I loved being able to travel around Italy and Europe while I was there. My apartment was in a perfect location and my classes were great because they kept me on track for my degree while also allowing me to learn about the local area. Chiara was the best and I knew I could count on her for anything and everything!

I had the most amazing summer!

Going abroad with ASA was a great choice! They were very helpful and made it easy for me to get adjusted while abroad. Our on site director was amazing and made us feel at home! ASA has tons of things planned for you while you are there and help you with anything that you need.

Well rounded program and experience

ASA was extremely helpful with everything both in the preparation of going abroad and helping while abroad. The people working for ASA were awesome (both at home and abroad)! Anybody thinking of going abroad should highly consider going through ASA. Other programs were jealous of what we were doing through ASA!

ASA

It was a good experience, although I did not like the living situation.

Florence

I loved everything about being abroad, but I was honestly jealous when I realized that my school had chosen to work with another company and another university in Florence. I can't say that I regret anything because it was an amazing experience, I just think that things would have been very different, (maybe better, maybe worse) with a different institution. LdM was an interesting school, I honestly can't say that I learned that much, and ended up with an A in almost every class. My apartment was pretty much in shambles but still functional; I got charged for things that weren't my responsibility which was also frustrating. I also knew of other groups that had many more students, and still went on more overnight trips, despite the fact that our group only had 9 students or something like that, we only went on ONE which was a little bit ridiculous to be honest.

best semester of my college career.

very good overall. the experiences that studying abroad through ASA were unbelievable. The program I participated in in Itlay was VERY small- only like 6 students. But you get many oppertunities to mingle with students in other programs.