Academic Studies Abroad Header Image Academic Studies Abroad Header Image

Study in Cuzco, Peru with ASA

Cusco study abroad

This has been a great experience. Studying abroad through ASA was amazing from the staff being available anytime I needed questions answered to the services they provided. Many services and excursions were provided which helped not worrying about them.

Perfection Peru

I throughly enjoyed my study abroad in Cusco, Peru. It was an incredible learning experience. The university (USIL) was small and I knew all the students and professors. I felt like Cusco was perfect city to study in because of the combination of ancient Inca architecture and new age toursim and design. The city is large enough to lose yourself in the culture, but small enough to feel at home.

Awesome experience

Really unique experience

Review

All of the staff were very helpful during my application process, as well as very patient and considerate!

Cusco study abroad

I had a great experience in Cusco, I learned Spanish and was successfully immersed into Peruvian culture and society. It was a great experience, but their extremely religious culture can be difficult to adapt to at times. Especially their hostilities to LGBT people.

Awesome experience

Overall great experience with ASA. I constantly look back on my study abroad experience and the memories that I made throughout those four months will be with me forever. I wouldn't be the same person I am today without my study abroad experience.

Cusco: home away from home

Cusco is a city filled with loving people, beautiful architecture, and loads of potatoes. It was one of the best learning experiences I have ever had and most of that was due to the amazing professors. We had the chance to embrace the culture through our classes and in our own time. The city is small but it easily begins to feel like home after a short amount of time.

Organized

Everything through ASA was really organized. The process was really easy and they sent reminders for all of the forms we needed to hand in.

Cuzco

ASA was great and so helpful, everyone was super nice and very lenient with due dates. I would definitely recommend using ASA.

Semester in Cusco, Peru

First of all, I just have to say that the things I saw and did were life changing. I never thought that I would get to see Machu Picchu or go for a run on the Inca Trail. I got a chance to practice my Spanish and get to know some local families. Even though I was staying in a hotel, some of the other girls in my program stayed with a host family, so I was over there quite a bit. My main drawback would be that the program was quite small; there were only 8 of us total in the program, and 6 of the 8 were from the United States. The classes were also only with these 7 other kids, not mixed with local students as I was hoping. If I could do it again, I would have chosen to do the homestay. Since I was the only guy staying in the hotel, I had the whole room to myself, without a roommate. It made it so I had to work to get out there and not be isolated. My advice would be, even if you like your privacy and quiet like I do, get out there and do the homestay, because you might never get quite the same chance to be a part of another culture.

Cusco, Peru

USIL administration was awful. The classes were long, and all of the students felt like classes were pointless and a waste of time. Loved ASA and being in Cusco; hated the university..................

Life-Changing, Challenging, And Exciting Summer

I loved my study abroad experience in Peru with ASA. They provided all they said they would; I could not have asked for a better host university. The excursions were meaningful, intriguing, and a great way to experience the culture and get to know other travelers. I would recommend this country and program to any one interested in studying abroad.

Peru was awesome, but my home institution created many problems.

The USIL Summer I program was very small, about 15 students, but not in a bad way. Classes were 2-8 people, which left a lot of opportunity for discussion-based learning in addition to lecture. Peru, specifically Cusco, was beyond amazing despite how difficult the altitude was to adjust to.

Amazing experience.

It was an amazing experience and ASA was great for excursions and taking care of all of my needs white there. Only issue was I was told my homestay would be close to my university and it was not.