Academic Studies Abroad Header Image Academic Studies Abroad Header Image

Study in Barcelona with ASA

Abroad spring 2016

It was an opportunity to learn from the outside world. It was an opportunity to learn outside of your field. You grow and discover yourself further. The more exposed you are,the more knowledgeable you are, and the more understanding you will be. It is a time to step out and enjoy new adventures. It is the time of your life.

My life in Barcelona

I loved Barcelona! It is an experience that I will never forget. The whole experience was life changing. My main goal while studying abroad was to train with a soccer team because I wanted to improve so that I could play at school. Training in Barcelona was such a great choice because it allowed me to view the game of soccer or futbol in a different aspect, culturally. The way the game is played in the USA and in Spain are totally different. The drills are different the development is different and so on. I gain such a knowledge of the game as well as a huge improvement on my skill. I even improved my mentality, my emotions, and more with the help of my trainers that I had in Barcelona. I loved my home stay! Pilar and Nuria were outstanding! They helped me stay healthy when it came to eating they made healthy foods and made sure I was comfortable at all times, it also helped that they were FC Barcelona fans hahaha. I made some really good friends over in Barcelona one of them lives in the USA while I also include my trainers as friends because they were there for me through thick and thin as I progressed. As I do speak a lot about soccer I should probably mention that being so involved with the game I love did not allow me to go out and experience so much of Barcelona and Europe as I wanted to. But I will be going back to Barcelona soon to train and I will make sure I find the time to travel at some points haha. Thank you so much Barcelona for the best 3 and half months I have ever lived in my entire life!

Barcelona

One of the most wonderful experiences I have ever had and caused me to completely fall in love with Barcelona. It was easy to immerse myself in the culture and I truly had the most amazing time. Barcelona is a one of a kind city that has lots of exploring to do!

Amazing!

My experience with ASA was nothing but positive! They provided me with great tools to completely immerse myself in the culture and helped me feel more comfortable. The classes were very engaging and my experience with a host mother was excellent!

ASA Barcelona experience

It was amazing! One of the best experiences i've had by far regarding the people i met, places i saw, and food i ate. If you like walking around, going out at night, or simply learnin about new cultures, this is the place to come!

You'll regret not going abroad

Studying abroad has been one of the best experiences I have had in college so far. I am a student athlete and was not able to go in semester so I went in the summer for 6 weeks, but if I could do it again, I would go for the whole year.

Unforgettable experience

I had the most amazing experience and I would recommend ASA along with staying with a homestay. I felt that the small program was perfect for me to gain lifelong friendships. Living with a homestay gave me the opportunity to immerse myself.

Good times studying abroad

I studied abroad because I wanted to see a different part of the world, experience living in another country and learn a different language.

Three valuable things I gained from experience include learning Spanish, meeting new people, seeing new countries.

I recommend ASA because it's well organized and allows students to have the experience the y are looking for. The program was very well organized but I did not like that the program only consisted of four students.

In general, the excursions were just a great time and a good way to learn the local culture.

I suggest that students should Travel as much as they can.

Experience of a lifetime

There are no words to describe my time studying abroad in Barcelona. If you want to know what it's like you have to experience it yourself.

I went this past summer for the first session...

I went this past summer for the first session of the Summer Abroad in Barcelona, Spain with ASA. I was extremely please with my placement with a host family. And I understood how important it is to have a cell phone while studying abroad it was definitely a great perk that I wasn't exactly looking for. Barcelona is a beautiful city. I encourage anyone who is wanting to study abroad to go with ASA, compared to the other programs I have been with it definitely was the best!

Monica Iller

My Semester in Barcelona

Going to Barcelona was a very fun and fulfilling time that I will remember for the rest of my life. The program itself and the people I was able to meet along the way helped shaped me into the person I am today.

Awesome Trip

I had an amazing time traveling to Barcelona with ASA! My classes were interesting and definitely helped me better acclimate with the Spanish culture, and the trips we went on with Richard rocked! I couldn't have picked a better way to spend my summer.

Amazing experience!

The program was a great experience. It included trips to places I would have never seen traveling alone and our program instructor was always available for help or guidance. The teachers were also great and had extensive experience in the field they taught in, which made it easy to gain valuable insight in the classes.

New life experience and intellectual growth

Best 4 months of my life

I know it's cliche but Im saying it because it's true. I had the best four months of my life to date in Barcelona and ASA made is super easy.
I cannot recommend Barcelona enough. It is so easy to explore other countries, but the real best part was the city itself. Barcelona is just an unreal place for a college student. The breadth of what you can do, combined with the climate, location, and culture, is just a must.

Best time of your life

Choosing to go to Barcelona through ASA was one of the best decisions I've ever made.

I loved the administrators of ASA they were great

The home stay was nice and accommodating but the meals got repetitive

Barcelona ASA

My study abroad experience was incredible outside of my apartment. ASA should not use this apartment to house future students in. The excursions were helpful to learn more about where I was living. The ASA staff was helpful to get acquainted with Barcelona and with anything we needed during the semester.

Very good

Great guidance, good living situation, great class options