Academic Studies Abroad Header Image Academic Studies Abroad Header Image

Study in Aix-en-Provence, France with ASA

Life changing experience

Picking ASA's study abroad program in Aix en Provence was one of the best decisions I could have made. The area was absolutely beautiful and all the people were so friendly. My home stay was welcoming and willing to help me learn. With this trip I made amazing friendships and I also gained inspiration to continue learning about the culture and about myself.

Aix-en-Provence summer program

It was a very smooth process and they were very accommodating. It was a beautiful city and a nice university, especially since there were classes in English, which made more classes available to take.

ASA- Aix-en-Provence spring 2016 @ IAU College

I had the best semester/5 months of my life at IAU College in Aix-en-Provence, France. There are not enough words to sum up this one of a kind, charming French town or the fabulous students and staff at IAU college. The professors were extremely invested in their students' learning and overall experience. Every IAU event was well-done and wonderful. I would recommend studying at IAU 100%. It changed my life!

Experience of a Lifetime!

I studied in Aix-en-Provence at the Marchutz school of art, which was the best thing I have ever done. I learned an incredible amount about art and how to make it, and made friendships that will last a lifetime. The whole experience has given me a new perspective on myself and my relationship to art and the world. The Marchutz professors rock.

Magnificent

I had the most incredible study abroad experience. All of my expectations were exceeded and the personal growth that I experienced as a result is immense. I cannot put into words how grateful I am to have had this experience.

Best Semester of My Life

Studying abroad in Aix was an amazing experience. The size of the town was perfect for me. Large enough so that there was always something to do, but small enough so that you could walk everywhere! The streets and buildings in Aix are absolutely beautiful, which made walking to school everyday even more enjoyable. And then there was the food. I've never had better food in my life, and I've definitely been having French cheese withdrawals since I've been home. The classes were also great at the Institute for American Universities. The courses contained just the right amount of work so that I learned something but was also able to enjoy my time in Aix and abroad. Since being back in the United States, I miss Aix everyday. It was an amazing experience and I can't wait to go back soon!

Mon séjour en Aix

My semester in Aix was absolutely incredible--it far surpassed my expectations for a semester abroad. As a student in the French Honors Program, my french speaking and comprehension skills greatly improved and I was able to experience many different cultural aspects through the program's excursions. Additionally, I developed deep relationships with my peers who all came from different universities throughout the States. My host mom was a fun-loving, sweet person...not to mention an outstanding cook! The weather is almost always beautiful, it is close to the Mediterranean Sea and the Spanish and Italian borders. Though my studies were challenging and there were many obstacles to living in a foreign country, my decision to study abroad--and specifically to study in Aix--was one of the best life decisions I've made.

Great Aix-pectations

Aix-en-Provence is overflowing with French culture and typical scenes of the Provence Region. ASA's program fits well into the classic French city setting that is Aix. The International American University buildings were positioned in almost the center which gave me easy access to wonderful local shops, markets, and cafes right around the university. The French teacher I was instructed by and the French woman who hosted me gave me invaluable experience with the French language and culture. I would recommend this city and this program to anyone who would like to experience a typical French town in the warm and charming setting of Provence.

Aixcellent times in Aix

Aix is a truly beautiful place to live for 4 months. There is a lot to do and see- if you look for it. Aix and its "city center" though confusing at first because of its winding streets, become easy to navigate in no time making Aix seem rather small. Aix is a good mix between city life and suburban life. The party scene isn't big so if that's what you're looking for, I would search elsewhere. Aix is more of a place where you can sit in a park everyday and drink a bottle of deliciously cheap wine with good friends. Aix becomes a second home very quickly.

best experience of my life

Studying abroad is the most amazing experience you will have, and ASA helps you through everything

Excellent Program

ASA was an excellent study abroad program. I liked how their costs were all bundled into one fee and how helpful they were with due date reminders. The international universities they are tied with are wonderful. Just about everyone in my program, including myself, was placed in a great homestay.

Amazing Time In Aix!

I had such a great experience studying abroad with ASA in Aix En Provence. The trip was affordable yet comprehensive, they placed me with a welcoming and generous host mother, and promptly answered any and all questions I had, before and during the trip. I loved my photography class and learned a lot, and really loved taking class at the Institute for American Universities building, one of the oldest buildings in Aix! The city of Aix was beautiful with friendly people, great food, and plenty to explore. We also had great excursions: to Arles with my photography class and also the excursion with all the summer students to Moustiers-Sainte-Marie to see the town, have a picnic lunch, and visit The Gorges. My lack of knowledge of the French language was also not a problem in the slightest, and safety abroad was never a concern during my stay. I had a wonderful abroad experience with ASA!

Review of ASA

Loved my program and my host family!!! Was not fond of my class or the professor who taught it. I did not know any French going there and felt out of place because of it. It was hard for me to be independent in the country when I couldnt communicate effectively

Aix ma ville

Aix en provence is just a jolie ville. It is cozy and small, yet so traditional and full of amazing things to discover. Dont be afraid to discover the night life, just as during the day to explore the daily markets around. It is definitely the traditional southern french life. Get ready to walk, and get ready to see all the boutiques.

Great Aixperience

Had the most wonderful semester in Aix-en-Provence! Worked on my french, met some beautiful people, and got to know a new culture inside and out. Unforgettable experience that I'm so grateful to have had.

aix

most beautiful city walking everywhere is amazing

great program, but I wasn't sure what I was getting into.

The program was excellent (studying with IAU in southern France), but I was not sure what I was getting myself into. I thought that I would be studying with more international students than American students, but I was almost always surrounded by other Americans.

Magical Location, Great Professors/ Courses, but Too Many Americans

Aix-en-Provence is an incredible place. Small enough that it's comfortable, but big enough that there's new things to find until the very end of the summer. I love the fountains. It's close to Marseille, the beaches in Cassis, and has a train station for easy access to travel throughout the country and Europe.
There was really something to be said for the quality of professors. They were knowledgeable, helpful, and interesting. They came from an array of backgrounds, with both French and American citizenship (although mine were mostly French due to the higher level of language).
Something that I didn't like so much about the program is that it was only Americans in the classroom so it wasn't as broad of a worldview when learning as I would have liked. It would have been nice to be able to learn alongside international or other French students, but I guess that makes you get outside and meet other people.