Academic Studies Abroad Header Image Academic Studies Abroad Header Image

Study Abroad in Dublin with ASA

The best experience of my life

I never thought I'd be able to have the chance to study abroad, due to financial troubles and obligations. I took the time to do some research through my university and found Academic Studies Abroad. I knew I wanted to go somewhere in Ireland or the UK, and I found ASA's program at Griffith College in Dublin and I knew it was right for me. If you are hesitant about going abroad, don't be! ASA answered every question I had and helped me succeed in getting my whole trip organized. The experiences I've had, the places I got to see, and the lifelong friends I made along the way made this experience the best one of my life. I am forever changed my study abroad experience and I want you to know that anyone can go abroad and you will not regret a moment of it. Cheers!

My experience in Griffith College

Griffith College in Dublin Ireland is a great location. The teachers that I had were passionate and respectable. The environment is quite different from what I had previously experienced in the states but not better nor worse. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there and I wouldn't change it.

Studying abroad with ASA was so easy.

I wanted to travel and I had always wanted to go to Ireland. From my experience I wanted to experience culture outside of the United States.

I learned a ton, most of which I learned outside of school; I experienced being a minority and people judging me because of my nationality, which was new to me; I learned to love a new country and inadvertently learned to love my own a little more.

Everyone from ASA was unbelievably helpful. Every time I had a question, Chelsea would email me back in no time with the answers and then some. If she didn't know the answer, she would find out, regardless of how sill y of a question it was. Both Chelsea and Lee checked up on me while I was in Dublin, by both emailing and calling. It was really comforting to know that they were keeping track of me and that I wasn't just a random student to them.

ASA was so thorough in preparing me for going abroad. They made sure I had everything I needed, assisted me in getting it and checked in with me to make sure everything was okay. I really cannot understate how much I appreciated Chelsea and Lee answering my emails and always having an answer.

My lecturers were all really qualified and I liked all of them, except one. The one was extremely anti-American and would not hesitate to mention his opinions on Americans in class, knowing that he had four American students in the class. For a school that is made up of 50% international students, I found this completely inappropriate and offensive.

Most of the staff was fine, but they seemed to be really unorganized all of the time . They were sometimes rude when they were asked for things, such as student IDs, but generally they were good. Also, as I write this, on January 4th, I still have not received my final exam for one of my classes. I think that's a little outrageous.

Ellen Kenny and Paul Mullally were wonderful.

I enjoyed the excursions. I wanted to travel while I was there, and it was so nice to have it already planned out and paid for. The excursions were really great, if only because all I had to do was show up and not think about it!

Our Irish history class didn't get set up until about 5 weeks int o our experience there so the excursions taught us things about Irish culture that we actually didn't end up learning in class. It was a great way to learn about ancient Irish culture and see the country.

If you take another trip to London, it would be nice to have more structure. I appreciated that we were able to do what we wanted, but in a city as gigantic as London, I really didn't know what to do. We ended up was ting a lot of time trying to figure out what to do.

I would recommend that you don't tell students to leave their American cell phones at home. I left mine and I ended up having canceled flight s on the way home and I had no way to get in touch with my family except pay phone. It was a giant pain. I know that the likelihood of your flights being canceled isn't that high, but I think you should tell students to bring them just in case.

Students should travel as much as possible. Some of my best memories from studying abroad are from traveling.

The best thing about it was that it was really unstressful. I had so many things to think about but with ASA it was so much easier than I expected. They prepare you so well for everything.

A grand time.

Studying abroad in Dublin at Griffith through ASA was the best experience of my life. Prior to leaving, everyone at ASA was extremely put together and helpful and made me feel reassured every step of the way. Once in Dublin, our liaison, Olwyn, became like a second mother. She always was there if we needed any help or had any questions about Ireland or life abroad in general. Griffith was a great school that not only has an excellent academic program, but a variety of activities and events throughout the semester for students. Overall the 'craic', as they call 'fun,' in Ireland was great, and given the opportunity, I would do it all over again.

A wonderful and well planned experience.

Studying abroad at Griffith was the best experience of my life. ASA made the transition easy by having everything planned out step by step.

Study Abroad in Dublin

I loved traveling through ASA. The orientations were very helpful and provided me with great information. I received emails from ASA promptly and my questions were answered back from Chelsea always. I really liked how helpful the Facebook groups and communication was, it got me excited for the semester. All of my classes transferred over and my favorite part of the semester was Olwyn, our Irish guide. She was amazing and made the semester so much more memorable for me. Everyone should have her!

AMAZING Decision

Studying abroad in Ireland was the BEST decision I could have ever made. Not only did I get to see and experience so many amazing things but I made friends that I will keep for a lifetime. Thanks to ASA I was very prepared for Dublin and was able to go into it with a strong and excited attitude. I am so happy that I chose to study abroad as it introduced me to a city that I fell in love with and will hopefully be living in again very soon.

A once-in-a-lifetime experience

i studied abroad because i heard that it was a once-in-a-lifetime experience that shouldn't be passed up by any eligible student.

Three most valuable things from my experience include meeting new people, becoming acquainted with different cultures, and the lifetime friends and memories.

I recommend ASA because it made it easier to adjust having a program like ASA to guide me . we were also set up with day and weekend trips that were so fun and planned out for us/paid for, again making it easy

I LOVED the wicklow tour and Chelsea K...she was great and SO helpful.

Dublin is now my second home.

Studying abroad was by far the best decision I have ever made. I would go back and do it all over again in a heartbeat. I studied in Dublin, Ireland and it was everything I hoped it would be. It was also everything everyone else said it would be. I got to meet amazing friends that I still keep in contact with. I experience everything Ireland had to offer. The trips included with the ASA program were great. They allowed the students to really see the island, as opposed to some other programs that did not have excursions included and did not get to experience what I had. I felt completely immersed in the culture and realized that everywhere in the world, people have things in common with each other. The one things I feel the need to make known is the campus I was taking classes at, Griffith College Dublin. Their academics were not what I'm used to, and I was expecting that, but the schedule of classes and the way the way the classes were set up was not helpful to the learning environment. It would have been better if the international office at Griffith was more helpful to the international students and really made sure we understood what was going on. Other than that I had an amazing time. I don't think the campus hindered my experience at all, so I can't complain too much. I strongly suggest everyone study abroad. You will not regret it.

Griffith College Dublin ASA Study Abroad Review

Studying abroad in Dublin through Academic Studies Abroad was an amazing experience. I studied at Griffith College and enjoyed my classes there. ASA was extremely helpful before, during and after my time in Ireland. We had an amazing site director, Olwyn, who always made sure we were doing well while we were abroad. My only word of advice before studying at Griffith or in RIeland in general is to make sure you really understand the European credit system before you go. They do things much differently and it can get a little confusing if you are not well informed before leaving. Luckily everyone at my home institution and at ASA was extremely helpful in guiding me through the process and ensuring it went smoothly.

It was the most amazing experience I have ever had.

I had the most amazing time studying abroad in Dublin, Ireland at Griffith College. I met some people that I will remain best friends with for life. I met people from all over the world that gave me a new perspective on the world as well as on different cultures. I can not stress enough how important it is to leave your comfort zone and study abroad if possible. You will not regret it.

ASA is Great

ASA was a fantastic company to study abroad through. The coordinator that was assigned to us through ASA was incredible and so helpful. I was able to travel all throughout Europe with the help of our coordinator. Included in the program were a couple trips around Ireland which was fantastic. I saw some truly amazing things that I may not have gotten to see and experience without ASA.

Good, well organized program

ASA was a good program, in my experience. The local counselor was helpful and sweet, and the employees in America were prompt and patient. There were some challenges with selecting classes and getting housing, but I do not believe that they were a result of any errors made by ASA, but rather a difference between administrative processes in America and Europe. The field trips that were provided by ASA were wonderful and exactly what was promised. ASA also provided guidance for the long and somewhat confusing process of applying to study in another country.

NUIM Spring 2013

NUIM is a great place to study abroad if you want to have an experience in a small town with accessability to Dublin and other great locations. There is a strong sense of community on campus and social events are a lot of fun. The Dublin airport is close by which makes traveling out of the country easy and cheap.