A man on top of a mountain A man on top of a mountain

API at University College Dublin in Dublin, Ireland

API Dublin... Best time of my Life!

I studied abroad at UCD with API in Spring 2015. I loved it. I am also very pleased that I decided to go with API versus directly enrolling or going with a different program. Right from landing, I was greeted with smiles and an awesome Irish accent from my resident director. They care so much for you and your welfare. The excursions they brought us on were also awesome! It was a great mix of people in the program as well. I have 3 new best friends from all over the states that I met because of API. We did everything together and it is amazing. You won't be sorry for choosing API. Studying abroad is an experience of a lifetime so take advantage of that! Don't make things so stressful for yourself.

On the UCD side of things-- I loved it. It was definitely something to get used to because of the several ways their academics are done differently, but I got several opportunities to make friends. I loved the location of UCD. It is in Dublin, but it is a good 20 minute bus ride to city center. So we weren't in the hustle and bustle of everything, yet we were near the area! Dublin is truly an amazing place, as James Joyce said "When I die, Dublin will be written in my heart". Never heard a more true statement.

Once in a life time

This was a great program. I loved my program manager and I met some amazing people. I did not like the classes because it was only a paper and a final that made up your grades. The teachers were bad at putting up grades and responding to you and there was no way to get extra credit or raise your grades.