A man on top of a mountain A man on top of a mountain

API at the University of the Arts, London in England

Seamless, Spectacular Study Abroad

I am so thankful to have had a provider like API to walk me through every step of the process. Both the staff in the US and on the ground in London made the experience truly seamless – I can't say enough about the ease of applying, arriving, and traveling while there because of API. Several of my peers who have studied abroad and done direct enrollment had to find their own housing and arrange all of their own excursions, but having those built into the API program and getting to meet other students from around the US at those excursions was awesome. It is always great to have some "familiar" faces when you're in an entirely new culture. The only critique I have is that we didn't have much opportunity to interact with British students or feel truly immersed in the culture, granted we were only studying in London for 3 short weeks. I have been itching to get back ever since leaving, and I know that the experience was such a positive one in great part thanks to API's hard work.

• Academic Programs International responded to this review December 14, 2015 at 6:30 AM

Hi Caleb - thank you so much for your kind words - this is why we do what we do!

Double Dipped!

I returned to London with API in the fall of 2014 for a semester abroad. I had went to London with API earlier in the year for spring break, it was a class trip and I really fell in love with the city. The week trip was very fast paced, ideal for seeing as much as we possibly could. The on-site API guides were fantastic and had amazing attitudes, always able to speak to culture and community, I learned so much in just a week. When I returned for a semester, I was surprised in the ways it got even better. Without the pressure of heading to class-related activities, we visited places for the fun of it, from the Harry Potter studio experience to comedy shows, they prepared it all and included it in our program fee. We were centrally located in the heart of London, a short walk from Kings Cross, St. James Park, The National Portrait Gallery, Big Ben, The London Eye, and so much more. It has been the peak of my undergraduate career and given me a grand idea of what I want my career in the arts and design to be. The University of the Arts London offered an unbelievable amount of studies to me as a student, with 7 campuses all open to me, and a world renowned design school I was attending (Central Saint Martins) I could not replicate the knowledge I was able to work through. This program taught me so much with so much freedom and socialization; I highly recommend it and even became an ambassador for UAL coming back to the states, promoting it everywhere that I could.