A man on top of a mountain A man on top of a mountain

API at the University Autonoma in Barcelona, Spain

Best Risk I ever Took

Studying abroad in Barcelona opened up so many new ideas and experiences for me. I met some incredible locals as well as American students from around the country who I still stay in touch with 3 years later. I lived with a host mom and the best part was sitting down for dinner and anxiously waiting to see what the day's meal would be. She was a wonderful cook and it gave me a deeper sense of the local cuisine rather than the usual things people think of when thinking of Spain. I also lived across from the Picasso museum and loved having the park, metro and shops around me. I also enjoyed the international/local trips we took as a group with API because not only were we able to spend time with our peers but also got to experience new places and discover places you would have never thought to visit before. There was just so much to do in Barcelona that I honestly wish I could have stayed the whole year and I am definitely returning in the near future.

Absolutely incredible

The six months I spent in Barcelona were some of the best memories and times of my life. The staff with API went the extra mile from giving us tips and tricks for getting around as well as the best places to hang out and visit; they even started a soccer league that they also participated in which really added to the experience of living in Barcelona (the same year Spain won the World Cup). I could not have had a better time!

Culture? What culture?

If all you want to do in Europe is get drunk and go clubbing with Americans until 5 am every night, you'll love API Barcelona. If you have some interest in actually exploring a culture - well, you can probably do that here, but you're going to have to take it upon yourself. Your classmates will be pretty weirded out if you suggest a visit to a museum.

On the bright side, one of the apartments they own is directly across from the Catedral and is absolutely gorgeous.