A man on top of a mountain A man on top of a mountain

API at the Université Grenoble Alpes (CUEF)

Great Times in Grenoble

Originally, I wasn't even supposed to study abroad in Grenoble, France. But after a cascade of events, I ended up there. Do I regret it? Absolutely not! The past three months of my life have shaped me into a different person. As excited as I am to see my family and friends when I get home, I truly did leave a part of my heart and soul here in Grenoble. After having made many friends of many different nationalities, I've come to realize that it's easy to find friends in any part of the world. As my program comes to a close, the only pressing thought on my mind is when can I come back next?!

Although the courses were difficult, I realized many times after speaking with my resident directors that the structure of education I was seeing in Grenoble was typically France. It took some getting used to, but my language classes were incredible and I wouldn't have changed a thing!

Living with a host family truly opened my eyes to the different culture. At first it was difficult, but after a while I truly started to feel like I was just at home.

The Cultural immersion is what you make of it. The only way to immerse yourself is to throw yourself into the most uncomfortable situation possible, and just go from there!

My resident directors were the absolute best. They were easy to talk to, very encouraging, and it was a great way to practice my French each time I went to the office! Without them, this wouldn't have been the same enjoyable experience!

Social Life:
Go out there and have fun. Accept the fact that you're going to fall victim to some language barriers and cultural differences, but if you laugh it off, it will be very easy to make friends.