A man on top of a mountain A man on top of a mountain

API at the Cours de Civilisation Francaise de la Sorbonne

Wonderful Paris program!

When I was looking to study abroad my Sophomore year, I was looking for a program that I could both afford and benefit from the most. I chose API because the program includes a lot of different things that made my experience smoother--they find housing, gave us a monthly CROUS stipend and a metro pass. I was able to study at the Sorbonne. The classes were fun and I also learned a lot--win/win. Not to mention the excursions--amazing! I would recommend this program to anyone looking for a great time abroad!

API in Paris

I studied with APO in Paris, France. I stayed in a residence dorm, a single so I had a lot of freedom to do as i please and it was in a fantastic location. The program directors were very helpful and advised me in every aspect of the program

Really well-organized program

I was impressed that they were able to find housing for us in the city proper. Originally I had been hoping to live with a host family but ended up in a reform.

I felt like it was hard to find situations where I was the only American in the room. I really had to work for that. I looked up volunteer work that was run just by the French university to immerse myself in French and get away from API.

The program administration was really well done. The API center staff was very friendly and got back to me in a time-friendly manner.

Summer in Paris

My two months in Paris over the summer were,not be trite, absolutely magical. I had class every morning, but then I had the afternoon free to explore the city I now called home. Armed with my metro pass and city map from API, I soon become an expert and hopped effortlessly from the Eiffel Tower to the Louvre to the Notre Dame.