A man on top of a mountain A man on top of a mountain

API at Qatar University in Doha, Qatar

Best semester in Qatar!

I absolutely loved my time in Qatar. It's a tiny, obscure place to go, but that's why I loved it so much. Qatar is incredibly diverse, so most of my friends came from other Arab countries or Iran. I went to QU to study international affairs and all my classes were great, particularly the Women in Islam class. Cost of living there is incredibly cheap. You can easily spend less than $10 on a meal. Housing is right next to Landmark Mall and Carrefour, which has anything you could possibly need. As far as safety is concerned, I never once felt like my well-being was being jeopardized. There is always something to do in Doha. We did a lot of eating and smoking shisha (flavored tobacco), as well as camping and just general exploring of museums and interesting places. Everyone speaks English, but they love if you can speak Arabic to them. I even negotiated lower prices on stuff at the souq because I could say a few things in Arabic. Doha is a wonderful city and I would absolutely love to go back. I have no doubt that studying abroad in Doha made me a better student and better human being.