A man on top of a mountain A man on top of a mountain

API at Libertas International University in Dubrovnik

The best part of my college experience!

Studying in Dubrovnik was one of the best decisions I ever made, and I learned so much from living in this wonderful city. There were only 22 people in my program, so we got to know each other very quickly. The apartment I stayed in was very nice, and I had two roommates. I had to walk up 200 stairs to get to it, but the views made it worth it. Dubrovnik is extremely safe, and the Resident Directors, Nada and Ivana, were very helpful with everything from housing problems to academic issues to travel recommendations. The university shares a building with the Dominican monastery, and while it is small (maybe 100 students total) it is in a great location and provides a unique educational experience. While I was studying there my professors included a former ambassador and the former First Minister of Scotland. Because the professors are flown in to teach, you might have a class every day for 4 weeks and then be done with that class, allowing plenty of time for exploring or hanging out on the beach. Almost everyone in Dubrovnik speaks English, so it was easy to get to know locals and learn about the history of the city. I learned so much about Croatian culture and the Croatian way of life, and I truly fell in love with this city.

Thank you API for changing my life!

I feel grateful to have had the opportunity to travel ever since I was a little girl. But nowhere would have prepared me for the opportunity that awaited me in Dubrovnik, Croatia. I have API to thank for their well organized programs that gave students the freedom to explore the country they choose to live in while also providing events that teach and emphasize the culture, language, history and its people. API did a wonderful job immersing its students to the country allowing me to quit literally fall in love with such a beautiful place. I made lifelong friends both American and Croatians. My American friends came from all over the country; Texas, Wyoming, Massachusetts, Chicago, Colorado and these were the people that made up my API group. I always felt safe in Dubrovnik, the school DIU Libertas was exceptionally good. I had classes with ambassadors, highly successful business professionals ects. If you enjoy history, or any of the concentrations this program offers or even have a love for humanity i recommend this program for you. It is inexpensive, considering all the excursions API has planned for your group. We went to Rome, Split, Bosnia-Herz. among other places. People are so incredibly nice, I felt like I was surrounded by family. Even on mother's day being able to hug my Director was such a blessing I never felt more at home. Studying abroad is crucial in an ever-globalizing world and learning about other countries perspectives on issues and views compared to our own views is life-changing (I never learned so much about WWI). You grow as an individual and as a person in ways you can't imagine, you learn about yourself and who you are! What a different society we would live in if everybody studied abroad...

Experience of a Lifetime

Studying Abroad was such an incredible experience. But it was an even better experience because of the country I chose to go to and the program as well. What made my time abroad even more fabulous was that the program for Croatia was brand new through API, and my group and I got to experience all of the first of being the first group to study abroad in Croatia with API. It was like a first love all over, except with a country and place. Although this was a first time for both the group and the program, everything went seemingly well and was just as perfectly run as it would have been with a different country that API has done a thousand times. Altogether, I am truly blessed to have had this experience, and to continue to be in the API Alumni family.