A man on top of a mountain A man on top of a mountain

API at La Trobe University in the Australian Outback

Australian outback

This program was amazing! If you get the chance to do it take full advantage. The staff is wonderful, you make so many new friends and the program is for photographers of all levels! There are excursions to parts of Australia that I would have never dream of seeing and places not all tourists get to see. You learn so much in three weeks about both photography and the history and aboriginal culture of Australia. I have nothing but great things to say about this program!

Edge of the outback 2016

I came to Australia because I wanted to learn more about outdoor photography as well as see the Outback. As a very nature-loving person, this program attracted me because rather than spending our stay in a big city, we got to spend it in the outback, a place where most people never visit. Each place we visited was special in its own way, and I'm really glad we had guides to tell us about the history of the land. The staff was super helpful, and after photographing for eight days straight pretty much, I feel fairly confident with my camera now. Overall, this trip went beyond my expectations and I would do it all over again if I could.