A man on top of a mountain A man on top of a mountain

API at John Cabot University in Rome, Italy

Best 4 months of my life

API was the best program I could imagine. They were extremely supportive from the moment I stepped off the plane. Many people overlook the tiny details, but API covered every last one of them. My apartment was beautiful, I loved my school and I lived in a gorgeous and safe area of Rome. I'm still best friends with my roommates from Italy 2 years later.

API Rome - Where Amazing Happens

API's program in Rome was beyond amazing. Everything from the school to the housing was well-organized and flawlessly seamed together. The orientation was also amazing as it allowed us to become accustomed to the location before actually starting school. API's service was amazing and i'm not just saying that because it is Rome, they really settled the nerves before making one of the biggest decisions of my life, the decision to study abroad. I have gone through the process with other organizations and I have to say that API truly is the best for your money. Regardless of location, API is the study abroad program to go with.

The course I took while abroad, European Security Issues After the Cold War, was amazing. While it was more informal than any class I had taken prior here in the states, we had an excellent professor and many great guest lecturers who were well versed in their respective fields. It was a great course and I learned a lot. The school was small enough that you wouldn't get lost, and spacious enough that you could always find a place to relax. All-in-all Amazing!

Off-campus housing was great! Two people to a room, four people in the apartment altogether, made for a bunch of great stories between us roommates and allowed us to bond as a whole.

Excursions are amazing and easy to sign up for (takes like 5 minutes at the API on-site office) which is about 5 minutes from the school. The on-site advisors are cool too Audra and Christine, both make the city feel welcoming and are genuinely nice people to be around.

I have been through the study abroad process with two different administrations already. API has the personal service that you are looking for when you are deciding to travel abroad. Not only that, but they are very warm and welcoming when you talk to them and don't give you the run-around between departments when you call. They're a great launchpad to the many experiences that you are going to have abroad and are worth every penny!

fast paced, highly enjoyable

Great experience. Fast paced and highly enjoyable. In a very short time, I had the opportunity to visit many cities and apply the city to actual studio projects.

Amazing program-very personal academic experience

I studied at Scuola Lorenzo de' Medici. It was the most amazing experience in my entire life. The classes were very personal--5 personal per class and 7 people per class. AMAZING teachers. Great city. Beautiful term.

Study abroad fall 2015

First off, the study abroad experience itself was AMAZING. I am a huge travel lover and being able to call Rome my home was something I never thought I would be able to do. At first, it was a huge cultural shock to live in Rome but I began to grow to love it - even the noisy tourists. My decision to study abroad through API was the best decision I have ever made. Our staff leaders were phenomenal. They were extremely accommodating and really helped make that cultural adjustment easier. The only downside to my study abroad experience was the school itself, John Cabot. The professors were really hit or miss - you either loved them or hated them. I had one particular professor that was extremely unprofessional. The security at John Cabot was very very strict, which I could understand, but they were also very rude and unhelpful whenever there was a problem. For those who are looking to study abroad in the future (which you definitely should), I highly recommend researching the school that you would be attending.

It will change your life!

Before studying abroad I was quite nervous. I wanted to know everything about location, safety, classes, etc. I was so pleased with everything in the API JCU program! The housing was in an amazing location (request the Trastevere) and I felt very safe in my building and neighborhood! It was less than 5 minutes away from both campuses! To get to a grocery store, fresh market, gelato, restaurants all I had to do was walk outside my door! Not only was my location amazing but anywhere in the Trastevere neighborhood is less than 5 minutes away from everything!

Classes vary in difficulty...just like any other school. I really loved Prof Russell and Prof Bates! I did not think the Italian program was up to par...my home university's Italian program was much better. Even so, I enjoyed all my classes. Most of your classmates will be American but in every class I took I had at least two Italian kids. To become immersed, you just need to push yourself and go out of your way to make Italian friends.

The excursions provided are amazing! They are well-planned with just enough planned activities and free time. I loved the entire staff and felt comfortable talking to them. They are very knowledgable and helpful.

Overall, this program was amazing! I wouldn't change a thing...actually I would change the amount of rain...but even with the rain it was the best four months of my life!

The school was very small and only about...

The school was very small and only about 500 students. The city was great though and my program allowed for us to go on many trips for cheap prices. The only downside to API was the school we were set up with. It was pretty disorganized compared to what I am used to with UNH. The program had issue but I loved the experience of going to Rome.