A man on top of a mountain A man on top of a mountain

API at Corvinus University of Budapest in Budapest, Hungary

Living and Learning in Budapest

For me, studying abroad in Budapest exceeded my hopes and aspirations for what I could have asked for out of a study abroad semester. I wanted to study abroad for many reasons: to travel, to expose myself to new cultures, to meet people from all around the world, and to have experiences that would place a lasting impact on my life. After 4 months living and learning in Budapest with API, all of these goals were achieved. As Budapest is in central Europe, I could travel easily to both Western and Eastern Europe, and some of my friends also made trips to places as far as Israel. The city was mostly inexpensive, and therefore I was able to make the most of my money and experience as much as the city had to offer. At Corvinas University, I learned a great deal through my classes, but I learned even more from the interactions I had with fellow students, of which the majority did not come from the United States. Budapest exceeded my expectations, and I would recommend it to anyone.

A Semester in Budapest

Budapest was an amazing experience. API was great at organizing our living situations and the resident director was absolutely stellar. API organized weekly cultural events for us and they were a great way to see the city, experience the culture and get to know some Hungarians. I thought that API was extremely well organized and I really appreciated not having to worry about finding my own living quarters. The resident director was super helpful and was readily available to answer questions or to help us with anything that we need. She made navigating a big city and a new country less stressful and gave great recommendations for anything we were trying to find, from food to bookstores to shops and various attractions, and even houses of worship. API is well structured, and well organized and they help you through your experience every step of the way.