Academic Programs Abroad in Paris (APA Paris) Header Image Academic Programs Abroad in Paris (APA Paris) Header Image

Academic Programs Abroad in Paris (APA Paris)

Verified

Academic Programs Abroad in Paris (APA Paris) Programs

France

APA Paris Advanced Program

Become a true Parisian and take classes in French amongst French students with APA Paris' Advanced study abroad program. Students take four or five courses per semester,

This program has been saved 6 times

Save Program

France

Paris, Accessibly Yours

You can make your dreams of studying in Paris a reality, even if you’ve only studied French for 2 or 3 semesters. By taking advantage of the excellence in program design...

This program has been saved 1 time

Save Program

Academic Programs Abroad in Paris (APA Paris) Reviews

10 / 10

Best program!

APA was the study abroad experience I had always dreamed about. Especially if you are interested in improving your french, this is the best way to go. APA offers a true immersion experience that other programs don't. Additionally, the cultural program gave us tickets each week for a show, whether it be dance, opera, or a "cirque." As Claire (awesome woman!!) the director put it, in a city of culture such as Paris, it is invaluable to be able to experience the variety and talent that the city offers. The ladies on the staff are AMAZING! It was like I had a whole team working to make my personal experience great, very personal attention. They do so much for us it is crazy, I even felt bad sometimes for all the incredible things they did for us to make our lives easier. So awesome! They specially select the host families and get to know you before you move-in to make sure that it will be a great match. I was lucky enough to get the greatest host-mother of all time who I love so much!!! Bottom line is I thank my lucky stars I chose APA, I would do it again in an instant, and if I went back in time I would do this program over any other even if I had to fight for it!!! Amazing 10/10 experience and program

8 / 10

Should have been more open

Overall, the program was a success. I think some of the negativities I felt came about because I wasn't as open to change as I should have been. In most ways, the program provides you with a great way to experience Paris without coddling you. I wish we could have taken more university classes instead of having so many required APA classes, though.

8 / 10

The right choice

What will always stand out for me about my study abroad experience is my host family. I got to live with two of the kindest souls I've ever met, and they became like parents to me: when I left Paris, they told me that they had come to think of me as their adoptive daughter. Their family was such a great fit for me, and they will always be my fondest memory of Paris. And I would never have met them if it weren't for APA: their housing questionnaire was so extensive that I knew I would be paired with a family that suited my needs, and upon my arrival in Paris, they took the time to get to know me in person to make sure they had made the right choice. Sophie, Blandine, and Claire know exactly how to give their APA students the greatest experiences, from placing them in the right host family, to choosing incredible opera and dance for us to see in our cultural excursions, to creating classes that allow for trips to the Louvre and even to London. I knew before even going to Paris that I would look back on APA as a fond experience, but I didn't realize how much I would appreciate their knack for providing me exactly what I needed while I was there.

9 / 10

Perfect semester in Paris

Going abroad to Paris with APA was undoubtedly the best experience of my college career. I lived comfortably in the 17th with my host family in an apartment surrounded by bakeries, close to the lovely Parc Monceau, and a few minutes walk from an amazing open-air market.

After class, I spent time with friends on the Seine or exploring Paris's seemingly-infinite collection of museums. On weekends, I wandered different Parisian neighborhoods, sat in cafes with a book and an espresso, and bar hopped. On several occasions, I was lucky enough to go on weekend excursions with APA to beautiful Chateaus, vineyards, and gardens.

APA offered a great support network and made the transition from American academics to French university fairly painless. They also invested a lot of time to make sure that students' course credits would be recognized at their home universities. Although the informal language classes at their Alesia office were a pain, I can't really say I have any other complaints about the academics.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this program - you are able to take classes whose rigor matches those of American schools (if you so choose), get the support you need from a small program, and experience french culture without living in an American bubble (which often happens with many other abroad programs and universities, like Sciences Po).

9 / 10

A true taste of Paris

APA really gives you all the support you need while being abroad in a new country. Claire, Sophie, and Blandine took so much time to explain to us everything we needed to know, from the French university system to navigating living with a host family whom they very carefully chose for us. My host mom was amazing and gave me an even deeper look into what normal Parisian life is like while helping me greatly improving my French. Taking classes in real life French universities with French teachers and students was an extraordinary experience. Being unfamiliar with the system, there were a fair amount of struggles in regards to handling the academic work but APA does the most it can for us to be challenged yet supported. I am very grateful for these three ladies, their knowledge and expertise helped create a wonderful experience for me in Paris. I would absolutely recommend this program to anyone who is truly looking to immerse themselves in the rich culture.

Show more reviews