Absolute Internship participants in China Absolute Internship participants in China

Intern in Shanghai

A great experience for the summer

Absolute Internship was a great experience for the summer. Within the program, I met other interns from around the world. Absolute Internship had provided different activities during the weekdays and weekends, and interns had also planned on what the group should do, so it was a good way to get together. The internship in Shanghai, I learned a lot about the business model and what other companies had to say about their business model and their history behind their brand, which was part of the brand training seminars. I also had to do a project presentation, interview, a study report, and other tasks that were beneficial and connecting it back to the business model. Overall, I did enjoy it and I found that the interview and project presentation was a valuable opportunity to have that time spent learning about the field that I am pursuing to go into.

Made me learn to adapt

My trip to Shanghai with Absolute Internship encouraged me to reach out into the unknown world and find out who I am. Exploring Shanghai and the Chinese culture forced me to be more adventurous. I found myself embracing a new way of living. Whether I was roaming the markets or at the office, I learned to adapt to challenging situations and conflicts between cultural differences. My internship in Shanghai gave me insight into the works of a start-up and the hard work it takes to get it off the ground. It’s incredible what a month or two in a foreign country, with a bunch of strangers from around the world, will do to you.

An experience of a lifetime!

Last summer I had the opportunity to work at Stepping Stones China, a non-profit organization, in Shanghai, China! I got the chance to teach English to migrant students at two different locations throughout the month and get experience in creating lesson plans. In addition to having an amazing internship that allowed me to work directly with the community, I got to meet amazing individuals from all over the world who were also participating in Absolute Internship. I’ve never grown so close to a group of people in such a short amount of time. This is definitely an experience of a lifetime and catches employers attention when they see it on your résumè!