Intern in Hong Kong

An unforgettable summer

As the title suggests I went on a life changing experience this July. I did a month-long internship in Hong Kong through Absolute Internship and worked with a company called Direct Link. Direct Link gave me a very warm welcome and integrated me into their corporate and local lifestyles. During my time with Direct Link I also got the opportunity to go to China for a day trip with Direct Link’s sales team which is an unforgettable memory. I witnessed how business is done in both Hong Kong and China first-hand, in the space of a month. My time with Absolute and Direct Link was so amazing it was almost like it never happened.
On another note, my fellow interns were such wonderful people. They came from all corners of the globe and all showed me the same warmth. We did many things together, from; various dinners (and of course Dim Sum); seeing the zoo and botanical garden; our group trip to Lantau Island; visiting Hong Kong’s Bloomberg HQ and IKEA HQ; many selfies, and much more. However, one of the biggest things I have taken away from this experience was the confidence it gave me travel alone to other parts of the world (This was the first time I had travelled alone). Furthermore, I have met so many people of various nationalities in the space of a month and learned some Cantonese too which I am very proud of.
If I could sum up the Absolute Internship team in three words they would be: organised, involved and attentive. The team eased all my qualms about undertaking this internship and coping in Hong Kong; I consider myself an inquisitive person so thanks for putting up with me Absolute! I especially want to thank Aurélie, Thomas, Nicole and Carla for their much valued support in my Hong Kong experience and I’m sure I speak for all the interns when I say that the team performed excellently. I also want to thank my supervisors and all my colleagues at Direct Link for their kindness and support.
There’s so much more I could say about my internship experience with Absolute but isn’t it better for you to see for yourself? Join Absolute Internship and prepare to be stunned!

Best summer ever!

It would unquestionably be an understatement to say that my summer with Absolute Internship in Hong Kong changed my life. The level of personal and professional growth I experienced was outstanding; the level of people that I forged friendships and relations with totally unforgettable. I only smile when I look back to my time in Hong Kong. I met so many other students from all parts of the world.

I did my internship in Hong Kong with a digital marketing agency. The firm I was working for were really lovely and went above and beyond to ensure that I was welcomed and completely integrated into the team as well as the local culture. I met a great amount of business people through networking events that I had the chance to meet, forged great relationships with my colleagues which have tremendously changed my life coming from a small town in Australia. Traveling overseas now and I'm proud to say that I can FaceTime with friends from France, Morocco, Sweden, Denmark, India, New Zealand, Austria, Spain, Italy and the US - it's amazing. Absolute is the perfect platform for university students to meet other people. I would like to also share that the Absolute staff is incredible. I was tremendously impressed by the work ethic of Nicole, Thomas as well as the Director Aurelie who definitely walked the extra miles every single week for us. From showing us to the best local restaurants where we could eat for literally $2 per person to introducing us to their broad and impressive network of important business contacts was extremely helpful and generous as it helped me and the other interns to expand their global networks.

The program activities that are part of the program were one of my favourite parts. It gave me a deep insight of the culture, but also introduced me to this fast-paced and unique city by visiting the most popular sights and meet with business leaders from well-known firms such as Citibank, Bloomberg, IKEA and H&M, which I really appreciated. I felt so inspired during this summer and this program really made me think BIG, helped me realize that I can achieve whatever I set my mind and heart to. Absolute made this summer the best summer of my life. If you are a student and want to make friends from all around the world while experiencing an amazing city and finding inspiration - you should do this program!

Awesome summer with Absolute Internship

I would without doubt recommend the Absolute Internship Hong Kong program to any college students looking to advance their career and want to travel abroad to Asia. My internship in recruitment and HR has definitely prepared me for life after graduation. The experience in Hong Kong has been the highlight on my resume, something that employers want to talk about when interviewing. The program makes it really easy for you, providing you with a transport card, show you how the public transport works, takes you the best tourist spots (as well as the best hidden ones!), set you up with awesome housing and of course the internship. I met amazing people not only from the US but also from Australia, Italy, France, Sweden and the UK through this program. I encourage everyone to travel abroad and take advantage of the Hong Kong program by absolute. It was a summer I will never forget. The Absolute staff with Aurélie, Thomas and Nicole were also very friendly and super helpful!